Chapter 13

SKYLAR

I go back into the bar and sit back on the stool.

"Damn light weight, were you puking your guts out already? Or were you taking a dump?" Brett laughs.

"Sorry was on the phone," I shrug.

Gabe comes back in shortly after me, and goes back behind the bar.

"Well bro, it's your turn," Brett tells Gabe.

"Alright. Never have I ever . . . been with someone I actually wanted to be with," he stares at me, and I look away. God, could he be anymore obvious! I hope no one else noticed.

"Sorry Gabe I told you already, I'm only into girls," Tori teases, and everyone laughs.

Suddenly my phone starts vibrating. I check it and it's Ben. Finally!

I quickly answer. "Ben?"

"Hey, sorry my phone was dead and I just got home. Where are you?" He asked.

"I'm at the dive bar that Gabe works at."

"Why are you over there?" He sounds annoyed.

"Because Stacey kicked us out. Can you pick me up?"

"What? We're leaving!" Kelly whines.

"No, you guys can stay. I'm gonna hang out with Ben," I tell them.

"Have him come hang out here instead," Brett insists.

"Come on Sky stay, please," Anna begs.

"If you want I can drop you off when I get off, or when I go on break," Gabe offers.

"I'm on my way now," Ben says through the phone quickly, then hangs up. I think he heard what Gabe said.

"No, you guys have fun. I'm going to hang out with Ben."

They whine and boo at me, but I don't care I'm not staying here. Especially with him.

"I'm going to wait outside for him," I tell them, and leave before they can say anything else.

"Wait! I'll wait with you!" Anna calls out behind me, and follows me outside.

Once I'm outside I lean again the wall waiting for Ben to come pick me up, and Anna comes out shortly after me.

"It's nice out tonight," Anna says, and I nod agreeing with her. "Are you okay?" She asks.

"Yeah I'm fine, just don't want to be in a bar tonight," I shrug.

"You sure that's it?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Don't get mad, but it seems like Gabe has a crush on you. Did anything happen between you two?"

Oh no.

"No, of course not," I lie.

"Well I definitely think he likes you more than a friend."

"What makes you say that?"

"Just the way he looks at you sometimes, and how he's always around us."

"That's because of Kelly."

"Oh please, he's not into her. Brett told me he wasn't, and Gabe has made it pretty obvious that he isn't. Kelly may not notice it, but I sure do. And I know he doesn't like me so . . . that only leaves you."

Shit. I knew someone was going to figure it out. Why'd he have to be so god damn obvious!

Should I just tell her the truth? Would she understand?