Chapter 1

GABE

Eight Years Ago...

"I wonder when they're gonna get here?" My younger brother Ben asked as we're in his bedroom playing Grand Theft Auto.

"Who cares," I reply.

I'm too busy dodging from cops to care about our stupid neighbors. The whole thing is a joke anyway. It's bad enough I have to live here, but now Dad is setting us up on play dates with our neighbors kids. Summers barely started and it's already starting to suck. I would try to run away again, but I know it wouldn't turn out well. Especially since I was more familiar with my old town, so it definitely won't work being here.

"Ben, Travis come down stairs please!" Dad yells.

I groan as Ben runs down stairs, and I follow after him. As I'm walking down stairs the first thing I see is long dark brown hair and a light purple top with jean shorts.

Great. Just what I need, a girl to hang out with.

She's probably going to ask to play dolls or draw her stupid coloring book. I like to draw, but not with a girl.

As I'm halfway down the steps I get a closer look, and I freeze. The first thing I notice is her sparkling blue-ish green eyes that's the color of the ocean outside. Her hair is long and wavy, and the way the sun hits it makes her hair a pretty rich chocolate color.

I look over to her left and there's a boy standing beside her wearing a bright green shirt with blue basketball shorts with matching green stripes on the side. He looks closer to my age. Probably her brother. I can see the similarities. They have the same nose, same eye color only his is a little darker, and his hair is more of a dirty blonde.

I look back over to the girl as she looks up at my direction and smiles exposing the dimples on her cheeks and my heart pace quickens, and it freaks me out as to why that is.

Wow. This girl looks like an angel.

I snap out of it when my stepmom Nora introduces us.

"Boys this is Stacey's niece and nephew. They'll be here for the whole summer. This is Cameron and Skylar," Nora greets.

Skylar. It's perfect.

Nora turns to them. "Skylar, Cameron this is my son Ben and this is my stepson Gabe." Of course she wouldn't claim me as her son. Not that I care anyway. She is not nor will ever be my mother.

"It's nice to meet you," Ben greets politely, as the goody-goody little shit that he is. Skylar looks up at me again like she's waiting for me to say something.

"Um, hi," I mumble.

What the hell am I supposed to say?

"Hi," She smiles.

Even her voice sounds like an angel.

She smiles at me again, and I can't help but smile back. Maybe this summer won't be so bad after all.

~*~

SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER! IT GET'S LONGER I PROMISE. ;D

I KNOW IT'S JUST THE FIRST CHAPTER, BUT PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT IF YOU'RE LIKING THIS STORY! <3