Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Reveal

Ameo, Slappy, Bill, and Kai were riding on Ameo's special scooter. The scooter was made out of trash and waste that was dropped from Zorac's ship. It was a shimmering blue and could fly, which is what the characters were doing. They were flying high.

When Ameo first presented his scooter to them, the villains were not happy.

"You cannot be serious right now," Bill said.

"But I am serious," Ameo responded. "And there is enough room for the four of us."

"Are you blind?" Kai questioned. "There is one seat. One!"

"I know that." He got a small basket that matched the color of the scooter and inserted it between the handlebars. "There." He scooped Slappy up and set him in the basket. The puppet's bottom hit the bottom of the basket, and his arms and legs dangled in the air.

"Help!" Slappy called. "I have fallen and cannot get up!"

Ameo chuckled. "You will be fine." He turned to the yak and triangle. "As for the two of you..."

And that is why Kai and Bill are hanging on the sides of the scooter. Ameo is driving the scooter, and they are hanging for their lives.

Slappy yawned. "Are we there yet?" he asked. "It seems that we have been in space for years!"

"Before I reeled you in, you were in space for only eight minutes," Ameo explained.

"Hmm. I would believe that. But what about now? It seems like a full year has passed."

"Let us get two things straight. First of all, we just left my house. The ship is not too far away. Second of all, if a year had passed, then you would be long gone. And so would the girls."

"He has a point," the Maker of Widows agreed. "I do not want to lose Kaila."

"I hear ya," the one-eyed dorito spoke up. "I do not want to lose Bell."

"I do not want my Shelly to be lost either," the puppet added.

Ameo slightly smiled. "Do not worry. I promise you that we will save the girls. I will even help you defeat Zorac."

"How?" the Beast of Vengeance wondered. "He seems tough."

"Oh?" He steered the scooter, and they turned to the left. "I am surprised that you think that."

"Why?" the yellow triangle said.

"I will not blame the writer for your incompetence. But I will say this. Yes, Zorac is smart. Yes, Zorac is powerful. But there are things that he does not have."

"Like what?" the puppet asked.

Before he could answer, Ameo spotted the ship. He pointed.

"Ship!" he exclaimed. "We are here!"

They flew over to the ship and up to the windows. Ameo peered inside. It was the throne room.

Bill glanced at the windows. "Where is the broken window?"

"Broken window?" Ameo put his hands on the glass. "Is that why you were in space?"

"Yeah," Slappy piped in. "One of Zorac's minions broke a window and cut the rope that was keeping us from floating into space."

"Hmm. I see." He started up the scooter again. "Looks like that we will have to find another way in."

Ameo drove around and around. He circled the ship a few times and checked to see if there was any way that they could get in. Unfortunately, he could not find any entrance.

He stopped by the windows again and stared at the throne room.

"Is there a problem?" Bill finally spoke, breaking the silence.

"I am afraid so," Ameo answered. "We cannot get in the ship."

Slappy became shocked. "What?! But our girls are in there!" He struggled to get out of the basket. "I will break the glass myself!"

"Wait." Ameo pointed at someone. "A person is entering the room."

The puppet raised an eyebrow. "Who the heck is that?"

Kai gasped. He had seen and met the person earlier.

"It is the hooded figure," the yak replied. "He or she was with us when Shelly was reviving Bell."

The hooded figure walked into the room and closed the double doors. He or she walked to the windows.

Clonk! went his or her heels. The black heels made noises as they hit the hard floor.

He or she soon stopped and pulled out a crossbow from her cloak. An arrow was on the crossbow. The hooded figure then positioned him or herself in a shooting stance and aimed the crossbow at a window. He or she shot the arrow, and the arrow hit the glass.

A shard of the glass fell off. There was now a tiny hole in the window.

Finally, the hooded figure yanked the hood off his or her head, revealing herself.

"I knew it!" Ameo proclaimed. "It is Margie. Margie Morgan."