Chapter One: Revealing the Lubriem

Zorac was sitting on his throne and waiting patiently as his new prisoners - Slappy, Kai, Bill Cipher, and Shelly - came into his throne room, their hands - or hooves - raised. Three guards were behind them, pointing space guns at them.

"Psst. Bill," Kai whispered to him. "Does our contract state that we are going to die?"

"First of all, Kai, we cannot die. We are Cartoon characters," Bill whispered back. "Second of all, if we did die, then Zorac would take over the fictional world, and no one would continue reading this book."

"...oh."

Silence suddenly filled the room. Zorac frowned at them and mumbled under his breath. "Pathetic beings."

Kaila stood by his throne with a serious look on her face as she looked at who she had just captured.

Kai spotted her and whispered to her. "How could you do this to us?"

The girl yak did not answer and turned her head away.

"Stop!" the guards instructed the three monsters and Shelly once Zorac held up his hand for them to stop walking. "Bow down to Lord Zorac, mortals!"

"What?!" the yellow dorito exclaimed angrily. "I am a being of pure energy! I am not bowing to anyone!"

"Me neither!" the yak stated. "I still have chi on my side, and I can take anyone's chi that I wish!"

"And I am made of ink!" Slappy added.

Everyone looked at Slappy.

"Ink? Really?" one of the guards said.

The puppet shrugged. "What? It is true. I am made out of ink."

The yellow pyramid let out a heavy sigh. "And I still wonder why you are so popular," he said.

"ENOUGH OF THIS!" Zorac yelled, making everybody jump. The guards trembled in fear. Kaila, surprised by Zorac's outburst, took a step away from his throne.

Their leader cleared his throat, and then continued. "I only want to speak to them. As in, breaking them down and letting them give up hope before I send them to their doom."

"Doom?" Slappy spoke. He narrowed his wooden eyebrows. "Listen here, whoever you are! I have been trapped in a book for the past hundred years!"

"Uh, Slappy?" Shelly said. "I do not think that you have even existed for a hundred years."

"The point is that I have suffered enough!" the puppet continued. "And I will not let you take away my freedom!"

Zorac completely ignored him and looked over at Shelly. "Well, well, well. Look who we have here," he said, suddenly smiling wickedly. "It is the firstborn Lubriem."

Slappy noticed that Zorac was looking at Shelly. He growled and hugged her leg. "Leave my love alone! She has nothing to do with this! Plus, she is a human, not a...whatever you just called her!"

"Do you even know what a Lubriem is?" Kaila piped up.

"No, but it is probably insulting," the puppet responded.

Kaila looked up at her leader, and Zorac nodded. She looked back at Slappy.

"A Lubriem is a person from the real world who is half-real and half-fictional," the girl yak explained. "Shelly looks like any other human because she came from the real world. Why do think that she knows so much about Cartoons and wanted to help you guys?"

The villains' eyes widened. Kaila was right. Shelly recognized them right away when they first met back at the restaurant. She was also happy that they came along with her to the bookstore. She just loved hanging out with them.

And why?

Because she was a Lubriem.

A true Lubriem.

The firstborn Lubriem.

Slappy looked up at Shelly. "Shelly? Is that true?" he asked.