Chapter Twenty-One: Reviving

Slappy and Shelly saw the rest of the gang.

"Guys!" Shelly exclaimed.

"Kai! Bill!" Slappy said. He was relieved that his friends were okay. Well, Kai anyway. "And just so you know, Bill. I said your name last because I do not care about you as much."

The yellow triangle snarled. "Whatever!" He floated up to Shelly. "Shelly, please. You have to help Bell. Zorac and his minions have taken so much of her powers. She is weak."

"I told him that you thought of her," Kaila stated. "You are the only one who can help her."

Bill clasped his hands together. "Please!" Tears formed in his eye. He tried holding them back, but he was too worried about Bell. After all...he loved her. "If she does not wake up...if she dies...I will not be able to forgive myself. Heck, I will not be able to live!"

The Lubriem grasped his arms. "Calm down. It is going to be alright. Bell will survive."

He sniffed. "H-how do you know?"

"As the firstborn and only Lubriem, I know the truth. That fictional characters cannot die. It is impossible. And before the readers tell me that I am wrong, I am well aware that certain characters supposedly passed. But it is all a lie. Their creators do not know this. That fictional characters who 'die' do not really die. They fake their deaths." She slightly smiled. "Like you, Bill."

"That is nice." He held out the star. "Now help her!"

The dorito could have cared less about learning that fictional characters cannot die. He was more concerned about his crush. And even though that he knew now that she could not pass, it did not calm him. He was fictional, and fictional people believe that themselves or others can die.

All he wanted was for his star to be awaken.

"I will revive her," Shelly stated. "Set her on the desk."

Bill nodded and carefully placed Bell on the desk.

"Should we leave the room?" Kaila asked. "So you can work your magic?"

"Wait. She has magic?!" Slappy piped in.

She shook her head. "I do not have magic. And no, you do not need to leave. I am not bringing her to life. I am reviving her." She pointed at the back of the room. "Just stay back there. This should not take long."

Bill took the star's hand and kissed the back of it. Then he let go, and he and the others strolled to the back.

The puppet, however, did not follow directions and hugged his love's leg.

Shelly looked down at him. "Slappy..."

"I will not leave your side," the small puppet said. "Never."

She let out a heavy sigh. "I guess that it does not matter that you step away. I mean...you are exposed."

"Huh? Exposed?" He looked up at her. "To what?"

The Lubriem did not answer. Instead, she focused all of her attention on the unconscious "Non-Fiend." A purple and black ball formed in her left hand, and she pushed her hand down on Bell's chest. An explosion sound was heard, and black and purple liquid splattered all over the desk.

Meanwhile, Bill's fear and anxiety grew more and more. He wiped away his tears and rubbed his eye.

Kai noticed and gently patted his back. "Everything will turn out fine," he reassured him. "Remember what Shelly said. She will make it."

"Yeah," Kaila piped up. "Shelly has done this before. She is an expert."

The triangle sniffed again and looked over at who helped him and his star. Who saved them.

Bullheit.

"Thank...you," he finally thanked.

Bullheit realized that he was looking at him and turned to him. "Thank you for what?" he asked.

"For helping me and Bell. I really did not want to mess with those scientists any longer."

"I just shot them. That is all. I talked to one of the scientists earlier. His name is Goemo. I followed him to the place where you two were at. The charging room." He let out a whoosh of air. "Honestly, I had no idea what to do. Part of me wanted to leave you guys there. But another part of me wanted to do the right thing."

"Well, I appreciate your help. Even if you shot them and killed them." He leaned towards him. "Did...you kill them?"

"Nope. I shot them, and they became unconscious."

"Ah." He frowned. "I wish that they were dead. For what my love went through."

A couple minutes passed.

"Done!" Shelly proclaimed. She stepped away from the desk. "Presenting Bell Star. Alive and well."

A loud moan came from the star.

The pyramid gasped. "Bell?"

Bell got up from the desk. She floated up and stretched.

"Bell!" Bill hurried to her and hugged her tightly. "Oh, Bell. I am so glad that you are okay."

Bell was surprised by the embrace of the hug and slowly hugged him back.

"Bill," she finally spoke.

Shelly glanced at Slappy and picked him up. "Time to examine you," she said.

"What? Why?" Slappy questioned. "Is something wrong with me?!"

"Not so fast." Bullheit stepped away from the group and pointed his space gun at them. "I will take you to Lord Zorac. And he will make you all suffer."

Kaila's eyes widened. "Bullheit?" she said. "But—"

"You thought wrong. I am still loyal to Lord Zorac."