XXI. Sana

A/N: Thank you gor being patient guys~

____________________________________________________________

Chapter 21

When she finally unbolted the door, she rammed her shoulder against its hard surface, causing them to part ways. They opened, revealing a dark, endless room.

Suddenly, the candles hanging against the wall lightened one by one, chasing away the darkness as the fire made their way across the room.

Frightened, Yui's eyes darted around, finally focusing towards the far, middle end of the room, towards the crimson that painted her vision.

The sight in front of her caused the poor girl's legs to buckle.

________________________________________________________

Yui's knees crashed onto the cold, hard floor, enough to create harsh bruises later on. But this pain, it was nothing. It did nothing to snap her from her current state.

Her eyes were wide with shock as she felt herself shake.

In front of her was a mass of red. It splattered over the white fabric, dominating the rusty brown as it soaked and stained. The colour ran down awfully white skin, reaching fingertips and toes that were lifted from the ground, creating brown and crimson branches before splashing onto the lakes made from blood.

The bloody, petite corpse seemed to resemble a human's. She hung there, and curtains of pink hair covered her face as her head was bowed, flowing down elegantly. The pink strands had tips that were caked with blood, a mixture of both dried and fresh.

But that was not what truly frightened Yui.

The pink-haired female was impaled by wooden stakes. They pierced mercilessly through her slim body from all directions, leaving little space to spare. The white dress she wore was torn before flesh and muscle and broken bones, gushing down in eerie grace. Its longer hems behind smooth, blood-stained legs were dyed red as it swam along the red liquid pooled beneath the female corpse.

Yui's hands were shaking over her mouth. She was struggling to breath, and her head felt heavy, heavier than a ton of bricks. The world was spinning around her, the colours becoming a blur.

Hot liquid poured down her cheeks, and she pulled her hand back to examine her fingers, realising—to her relief—that it was simply tears. Not blood.

"That's what happens when you stick your nose into other's business, nee Teddy?" Kanato casually said, stopping beside her.

Yui suddenly stood up and took a few staggering steps to the side. The room tilted before she threw up. More tears slipped down her cheeks, pooling on the ground to make lakes of their own.

Kanato simply watched her. His face was surprisingly grim. He was strangely quiet.

"Is your curiosity satisfied, mortal?" he finally said. "Or do you want to know more?"

Yui weakly shook her head as she sobbed through her hands. Her gaze remained glued to the ground, refusing to look anywhere else.

Kanato hummed. "Well, I guess you're different from the other worms. They tend to annoyingly yap in my ear, wanting to know about this...filthy thing here."