III. She, the Fairest

Chapter 3

She winced as her skin began to sting from the contact. Someone stirred, letting out a groan from above her on the bed. She froze.

"What..." a figure sat up. "what filthy being dares disturb our sleep?"

The voice was soft and smooth, but anger caused it to be lower, rougher. Yui looked up slowly, and was met with a familiar babyish face and lilac hair.

She gulped. Kanato was not happy.

_____________________________________________________

Yui gasped upon seeing glowing, fuchsia eyes, demonic rage swimming within them. Ironically, at the same time, he looked quite angelic due to the thin, golden ray shining on the back of his head, creating a bright, warm ball of aura around him.

The silky blanket fell off his shoulder as he continued sending daggers at her. "You," Kanato whisper-seethed. "How dare you think you have the right to disturb us. I should kill you right at this moment."

Yui shook her head as she scrambled back, stumbling with her quiet protesting.

Kanato made an amused sound. "How pathetic. Che, you're lucky I'm not in the mood to get up, and that Guinee-san and Teddy are asleep, or else that twiggy throat of yours would be crushed."

Fear was evident in her eyes as she watched him rummaging, messing up the sheets and slipping his hands underneath the blanket a few good times. His eyes, already turned back to its violet hues, was searching frantically around him, his lilac hair swishing along with every turn of his head.

He frowned after a moment of searching. "Where is Teddy?" he asked, voice too steady.

"I-I don't know..." Yui stuttered, tone hushed.

"Of course not. Why would you?" he snapped. He went silent for a moment. "...Dammit. Now I have to draw these curtains, but..." He turned and looked at the sleeping woman beside him with slightly troubled eyes.

Yui averted her eyes from him, landing them on the stuffed teddy bear that she tripped over. Her heart skipped a beat. The room began spinning as her brain frantically tried to find a strategy to escape this situation at hand. Before she could do anything, a small, feminine growl came from the dark-haired woman as she turned, facing Yui's direction. She cracked her left eye open—a beauty mark was evident underneath the corner of that eye— to reveal a captivating silver orb.

She sat up immediately, staring at the platinum blonde with both, widened eyes before tilting her head. "Who...?"

Yui scrambled to her feet. With a bow, she spoke quickly, "I-I'm Yui Komori. I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to disturb you!"

Guinevere blinked, surprise fading from her slightly upturned eyes as they returned to their normal size. "...It is fine. Are you perhaps...a sacrificial bride?"

Now it was Yui's turn to be caught off-guarded—not that she wasn't the whole time. She nodded. "Yes."

"I see. That explains why a presence of a human like you would lie in this lion's den," Guinevere replied, wearing a slight smirk on her face.

Her smirk dimmed slightly as she felt on the small tugging of her nightgown from behind. She turned around and let out a light hum, eyes landing on an unpleased Kanato.

"Guinevere," he said. He then glomped her, lips pouting slightly as his pale cheeks puffed out.

She wrapped an arm around him in response, the other petting his head while a shocked Yui looked back and forth between them. She never thought she would see a day where Kanato was not disturbingly eerie.