IV. Emotions

A/N: I just want to give a shout out and to sincerely thank SirJohnnay , who gave me ideas every now and then in making the wondrous chapters. Luv ya <3

...aaaand ONWARDS!

________________________________________________________

Chapter 4

"I was lost..."

"Is that it?"

"Y-yes. What else—oh! I was able to thank Guinevere!"

Laito's eyes widened. He cocked his head. "How? Is she's awake?"

Yui nodded. "A-And Kanato, as well." Her voice was quiet at the mention of the lilac-haired vampire.

"...I see. Thanks for the information, Bitch-chan~!" Laito waved at her as he waked away.

Yui blinked. For a split second, she saw his eyes portrayed the same, unusual coldness before it was clouded with its usual lust.

_______________________________________________________

Guinevere slid the bathroom door open, her other hand holding a hanger that hung a sleeveless, navy blue dress, its smooth hem brushing the marble floor. She stepped inside, closing the door behind her. Humming, she hanged her dress on the round, golden knob against the wall and walked soundlessly—despite being bare-footed on the cold, marble floor—towards the white bathtub supported by four, golden dragon's feet.

The feet were wrapped around by vines and blooming, pale-coloured roses. The dark golden vines slithered upwards, gracefully curling as they branched away from each other, the longest one stopping before the bathtub's edge.

Guinevere twisted the tap's cog-shaped knob, allowing warm water to gush out from the golden tap. She turned and made her way towards the extravagant, golden-bordered mirror against the smooth, dark golden wall at the centre of spacious bathroom. The vines and roses there matched the ones along the feet and sides of the bathtub.

Guinevere gazed into the round mirror was met by familiar, iridescent eyes that almost appeared to be glowing as they reflected a lighter shade of silver against the morning rays. She then noticed a few minor cowlicks, specifically on her dark, wispy bangs, and clicked her tongue. Suddenly, her sharp hearing picked up a swooshing noise of rubbing fabric where the bathtub was. Barely a second after, the sound of water flowing failed to reach her ears. Then, a splashing noise followed.

She didn't even bat an eyelid once she faced the culprit. "Shuu, how much lazier can you get?"

The golden blond, wonderfully tousle-haired vampire let out a grunt in response, eyes closed as he gave off an unconcerned aura.

"You know, you are just creating more work for yourself. If your clothes get wet, then you will have to take them off and place them in the laundry, then come back and waste more time on selecting new clothes—which you do every morning already—and putting them on. How wise," Guinevere said, a hint of smugness evident in her tone at her last statement.

"I'll just ask the maids to place them in the laundry or something, and choosing clothes isn't a big task," Shuu said. He then shifted slightly, creating small ripples of waves, and cracked open an eye to peer at her. "And does that mean you want me to strip? Heh, lewd woman."

"Well, my dear, if you did not go in my bathtub, or any other water-filled bathtub for that matter, fully clothed, then you would not have to do any of that sort."