II. Unavoidable Disturbances

Chapter 2

"Reiji, I know you never bluff," she responded without hesitation, directing her warm smile at him.

His eyes widened at her compliment, and he was even more surprised when she reached up and ruffled his smooth, purplish-black hair. His head bowed as he tried to hide his sudden vulnerability. How he missed her touch so.

"...but really, those devils will not disturb me?"

He remained silent, partly flustered and partly unbothered to answer.

__________________________________________________________

Yui Komori slowly opened her eyes. She was met by a soft, pastel-purple ceiling. Her red eyes looked towards the middle of the ceiling where an elegant chandelier hung, its golden lights chasing the darkness away from the room.

Appearing in awe, Yui then directed her gaze in front of her, landing on a male that currently sat cross-legged at the bottom of the light pink bed. His auburn hair fell in short, slight waves as it peeked from underneath his fedora. He tipped his fedora, revealing cat-like eyes that clouded with lust as they slowly uncovered her.

Yui yelped.

Laito smirked before allowing a melodious chuckle escaped his mouth. "Hello there, Bitch-chan~ Did you get a good sleep?"

"E-Excuse me?"

Brushing her offended tone, he began crawling towards her. Yui scrambled backwards until she heard a soft thud as her back hit the fancy, cushioned bedrest.

'Again', Yui thought, clutching the blanket tightly around her. 'I have nowhere to go.'

Laito chucked, his fangs tingling as they grew. "You look very appetising in the nightdress. Scream for me agai—"

Ayato appeared out of thin air and pushed Laito off the bed. "Don't undress her, you horny bastard."

Laito groaned as he lay sprawled on the ground. His complains fell on deaf ears.

Yui then looked down and was surprised to see her in an unfamiliar and...fairly appealing attire due to the thinness of the fabric. She immediately began to panic.

Ayato raised a brow. "Why are you so riled up?"

Laito grabbed the side of the bed, scrunching up the blankets as he heaved himself up with ease. He then pressed his elbow onto the mattress and rested his face on the same palm. His other arm sprawled comfortably across the bedsheet.

His eyes narrowed with amusement as he focused on the platinum blond. "Ufu, Bitch-chan is having perverted thoughts~" he teased. "Rest assured, we weren't the ones that undressed you. Although, if you so desire that, we could—"

"No!" Yui protested, eyes squeezed shut. She then slowly exhaled and straightened her legs. "Then...who undressed me?"

"Guinevere did," Ayato answered, turning his head to the side. Parts of his red bangs brushed his face as the expensive, wooden makeup table suddenly appeared interesting.

Laito let out a seductive giggle. "I must say, she chose the right outfit. It matches your quite finely, Bitch-chan."

"Guinevere...?" Yui repeated, tilting her head as the foreign name slipped through her tongue.