I. Unexpected Events

Disclaimer: I don't own anything but the OC, Guinevere DeRosa (and maybe another side OC or two later on). Also, the plot, though it will still follow the anime, will have my own twirk to it...cuz I'm awesome. So it'll technically/kind of be an AU.

A/n: I STRONGLY advise you to watch the anime before reading this. Seriously, you don't want to be a confused sheep, now would you?

Another point is that there is somewhat profanity throughout the fanfic. Just so you lively, younger readers are aware.

And lastly, enjoy~

__________________________________________________________

Chapter 1

The moonlight sliced through the glass windows, illuminating a smooth, wooden coffin that laid against the wall on the far side of a dark, elegant room. The coffin held a purple shade, appearing almost black as rose-gold vines slithered around the coffin's boarder. White roses were spaciously scattered around the coffin, the petals trailing along the floor.

Suddenly, the coffin's lid shifted slightly. There was a moment of stillness before the lid was fully pushed to the side. A fair, slender hand positioned the lid so that it leaned against the outer side of the coffin.

The hand belonged to a beautiful woman as sat up unhurriedly. Her straight ebony hair casted a dark blue shade as it touched the moonlight, cascading smoothly in thick strands down her back to brush the coffin bed that bled crimson.

The woman's head was bowed, causing her wispy bangs to cover the upper half of her face. She gripped the coffin's sides as her mouth parted slightly, revealing sharpness of fangs that glinted dangerously under the moonlight.

++++++++++++++++

"My bad," Sakamaki Shuu said, sounding anything but apologetic.

The platinum blond's red eyes filled with slight relief among the fear. Her heart was beating out of her chest as she sat there, vulnerable among the hungry gazes of six vampires. She saw something move out of the corner of her eye and quickly turned her head to see the redhead, Ayato, reaching towards her.

His lime-green eyes glittering with amusement. "Are you ready, Chichi nashi?" he said.

She watched as his hand came closer and closer towards her. She scrambled backwards and was startled when she hit something solid behind her. Her breathing quickened upon realising that escaping was futile.

The room began spinning, her head throbbing. It wasn't long before her vision went black, and the six vampires watched as her head hit the shelf with a thud.

"Look what you did, Ayato~" a male wearing a black fedora chided frivolously, placing a hand on his hip. "You made her faint."

Ayato was about to retort to his twin brother, Laito, when he suddenly froze. The other vampires seemed to have the exact same reaction.

"She...there's no doubt..." Shuu said, his eyes stony as they narrowed. His tousled, golden blond hair glowed under the moonlight as he angled his head. "...she's awakened."

"...Subaru, bring this mortal to her room," Reiji said from the wide, attic window, dressed in his usual, immaculate, black attire.

White, chiffon curtains fluttered on either side from where he stood as the youngest Sakamaki brother's expression morphed from anger to disbelief.

"Hah? Why should I?" Subaru protested.

"'Cuz," Ayato said. "you'll no doubt scare her with your wall smashing and stupidity."