V. Dinner Reunion

Chapter 5

After changing into a stylish and light off-shouldered pink shirt with frilly layers, Yui managed to put on matching pink slip-on shoes before she heard a knock at her door. She went and opened it and to her surprise, she was met with a dishevelled uniform with a red tie wrapped around a pale neck, along with fiery red hair. Lime green eyes met hers. And they were not pleased.

Ayato parted his mouth, flashing a set of fangs. "Oi, chichi nashi, I'm thirsty."

_______________________________________________________

"Oi, drama queen, stop throwing a fit," Subaru said, giving the lilac-haired vampire a glare.

"What. Did. You. Call me?" Kanato replied through gritted teeth. He was the only one standing up, his left fist clenched at his side. His right hand held his stuffed toy closed to him.

"Both of you, now is not the time to quarrel like deplorable children." Reiji opened his eyes, glaring at the both of them with displeased, magenta eyes. He then sighed, averting his gaze and directing it towards the four empty chairs. "They are unacceptably late—"

"Ufu, Reiji, you need to loosen up~" A voice said on the opposite, far side of the table. "It has only been three minutes you know?"

All eyes went towards the source of voice to reveal a certain perverted vampire. He was pulling out a chair for his half-cousin, who was a vision of navy blue grace as she sat down.

"Thank you, Laito," she said. Kanato called out her name, his eyes suddenly filled with delight as he began making his way towards her.

To dampen his rare giddiness, Laito gave a close-eyed smile and immediately sat on the seat beside her.

Leaning towards her, he tilted her chin up to meet his mischievous gaze. "No problem~ Anything for my Guinevere—" He barely dodged a plate that was thrown towards him so fast that it appeared as a white blur.

Shuu opened an eye, gaze cold. "Heh. Yours?"

Laito narrowed his eyes in response, a smirk creeping up on his face. He then turned to the immaculately dressed male, who held an unreadable expression, and said, "Reiji, aren't you going to scold Kanato for his 'deplorable' table manners? He threw a plate at me~"

Subaru scoffed, his glare more menacing than usual as his arms were crossed. "Like hell he's going to. You started all of this with your bullshit."

"Normally, I would, but I will let these misbehaviours go..." Reiji said. His voice then hardened. "...for what you said was highly unnecessary, Laito. I suggest you think of the consequences before even opening that obnoxious mouth of yours."

Guinevere's voice effortlessly interrupted the possessive tension as she waved her silver fork slightly about, a potato pierced in it. "You all need to calm down before you turn this place into ruins and make the servants' jobs more difficult." She then casually stuffed the potato piece in her mouth, silver orbs scanning the room to gaze at every one of them.

Kanato sat down but continued to glare daggers at Laito, whose eyes twinkled with amusement as he leaned forward, planting his elbows on the table.

"But this is fun, fufufu~" Laito mused, unlacing his hands and bringing one of them up to gently adjust the angle of his fedora's brim.

Guinevere sighed. "For you, maybe, and your odd fetishes—"