VII. (2) Games and Surprises

Chapter 7

"What a naughty, sadistic woman you are, wanting us to humiliate ourselves by wearing maid outfits..." he mused. His eyes glinted. "You should be punished."

Guinevere raised a brow nonchalantly. "Well, that is what I turn out after living with a bunch of hard-core sadists. And you choose me as the grand prize? I. Am. Honoured."

Shuu hummed pleasantly, ignoring complaints from the triplets, ignoring everything else around him. Subaru narrowed his eyes, sending the two a growl before teleporting away, most likely to his room.

Shuu's mouth then parted, revealing fangs. "Starting now, Guinevere dear, call me Shuu-sama." Oh, how he would love to hear that name roll off her tongue.

____________________________________________________

Guinevere handed the platinum blond human a neatly ironed uniform. "School starts in less than an hour so I suggest that you get dressed."

"...school?" Yui repeated, confused.

"Yes, I believe you are attending a private night school," Guinevere answered. "Therefore, getting used to sleeping during the daytime and arising at night would be very helpful towards you."

"But...what about Shuu? Don't you have to be his maid...or something?"

Guinevere paused at the door. She turned her head to the side, almost smirking as they made eye contact. "Yes, of course. But I told him to postpone it until after school, for it would not be convenient for either of us since we will be in two different places for most of the night. It will simply be a waste."

"Oh."

"Hmm...what is this I hear? Disappointment? Did you want to be in my place instead? Or perhaps you want me as your 'grand prize'?"

A blush bloomed across Yui's cheeks. "Guinee-san!"

"You're so fun to mess with," Guinevere smiled. "I shall take my leave, Miss Komori. I apologize for wasting your time."

"Wait!" Yui then began fiddling with her clothing. "Eto...I've been wanting to say this for a while now..." She paused and her eyes met with Guinevere's curious ones. "Thank you for taking care of me."

"...You are welcome," Guinevere said after a second. Her smile then reappeared on her face again. "I appreciate your politeness, but I have no problems with you being less formal towards me, in fact, it's an encouragement."

Yui nodded. "Oh, well, you...don't have to be that formal with me either. Yui is fine."

She received a slightly raised eyebrow. "Mmm...if you insist, Yui-chan. Ta-ta~"

...

Guinevere watched as the brothers left, and a wide smile sneaked onto her face.

"Now...let us get to work," she said, tone almost singsong as she turned away from the window. A maid was waiting at the door with a neat white box wrapped in a pretty red ribbon. "Have you got the outfit? Excellent."

She accepted the gift and thanked the maid after politely declining her assistance. Untying the ribbon, she couldn't help but let out a mischievous giggle. "Oh, my dear Subaru, you will like this."

...

Subaru was making his way to the nurse's office, his mood foul as his knuckles bled. He did not plan to go there, but his teacher was not willing to co-operate. He found that bothersome. He found humans, in general, bothersome.