14

"How dare you Anjali,how dare you to say something like that to my wife? Who gave you the right to say something to my wife? Tell me.." said Arnav gritting his teeth. His eyes were spitting fire. He was like a dragon breathing fire. Whoever touch his reverse scale will burn. And Khushi was his reverse scale.
   Anjali was trembling in fear. She had never seen Arnav this much angry.
   "Stop it Chhote. Your shouting won't change the fact that Khushi will not be accepted as the daughter in law of this family. She will always be treated like an outsider in this house" said Devyani devi.
   "And why will Khushi you  accepting Khushi as your daughter in law matters Devyani devi?" asked Arnav through his gritted teeth.
   Devyani devi looked at Arnav in shock.
   "Chhote how can you call Nani by her name? She is the head of this house and family. Of course her decision matters" said Anjali looking at Arnav.
  "Anjali and Devyani devi,I think both of you have forgotten that this house is mine. As for the family,you are not a Raizada,neither is Devyani Mallik. So how did she became the head of my family and house? Kindly enlighten me Mrs Anjali Jha" said Arnav raising his brows.
    Both Anjali and Devyani devi were thunder struck hearing his words. They never imagined Arnav will say something like that.
    Khushi raised her teary eyes and looked at her husband. He was there to protect her,to stand up for her. And a sweet feeling aroused from her heart. "God!how much this man loves her." she thought to herself.
    "Chhote,for a mere girl,you are saying all this to your di and Nani. How can you do this? Nani was the one who accepted you in her family. I took care of you like my child. And you for this characterless girl,are saying all this to us. How can you do this" Anjali said sobbing loudly.
    Arnav clapped his hands loudly and laughed.
    "Mrs Jha,I am not at all orphan. I have my family,the Raizada family with me.. As for your Nani,I have no relation with her. Did you forgot who I am?  I am not the son of Ratna Mallik. So stop all this drama. And keep your Mallik family away from my wife otherwise pack up and leave. I don't allow anyone who insults my wife to live in my house. Got it?" Asked Arnav looking at Anjali,Devyani and Manorama.
   Trio gulped in fear.
      Arnav took Khushi's hand in his and walked her to the temple.
   "Khushi you are the only daughter in law of Raizada royal clan. And you have full rights on everything here. In fact everything here belongs to you. So no need to heed the words of outsiders. If they hurt you,don't tolerate in silent. They are not our family. You are Mrs Arnav Singh raizada. So never be afraid of anyone. OK?" assured Arnav.
   Khushi nodded her head.
      Both completed the puja. Then Khushi cooked Puri,aloo sabji and kheer for her first cooking.
   Aman,Arnav enjoyed her cooking a lot.
    Arnav gifted her bangles of his mother,the heirloom of Raizada brides to Khushi.
   Aman gifted her a silver bracelet with AK.
    Khushi liked both the gifts.
   And the Mallik ladies simply stayed in their rooms.