Family Reunion

Kamiya

"CAMERON!" I yelled for my husband. He came running in the kitchen with Malaysia on his back.

My youngest twins were now 15 and my oldest were 20. And me, I'm old as dirt.

"Yeah?" He answered rubbing his back

"Can you open this for me?" I handed him the relish jar.

"Mama when Anthony coming?" Laysia asked

"He was supposed to be here a hour ago. Marcus said he was pulling up." I told her finishing the potato salad.

"You need help?" She asked

"Just help your dad get the meat on the grill because he was supposed to do it 30 minutes ago." I said glaring at him

"You wanted me to open this jar right?" He said putting the lid to the jar on the counter.

"Is that an attitude?" I asked

He walked over to me and wrapped his arms around me.

"No baby." He said before kissing me.

"Thought so." I said smiling

"I am still here. That's just nasty." Malaysia said

"Go get your sister and y'all help your dad with the grill." I told her

She nodded before running out the kitchen and upstairs. Cameron picked me up and sat me on the counter.

"Cam we too old for this." I told him. He smiled at me and just kissed me.

"I still be dicking you down though." He said

"I can't ever walk in the kitchen without y'all being nasty." I heard Marcus say.

I get off the counter and walk over to my baby. I wrapped him into a tight hug. I haven't seen him in months because he's going to a college in New York.

"Dang Ma you act like I been gone for years." He said pulling from the hug.

"It feels like it. You act like you can't come home a visit." I told him

"You know how focus I be. I don't have time to visit." He said

"Yeah whatever." I said. I heard the door close behind him and I looked over to see Anthony bring a different female into my house. She was not the same one from last weekend.

"Hey Ma." He said walking over to me.

"Who's ya friend?" I asked

"This my girlfriend Aisha." He said

She smiled and waved.

"Damn shame." I said before looking back at him.

"This is the last time Anthony and I'm not playing." I told Anthony.

"What you talking about?" He asked

"You know what I'm talking about." I said walking into the kitchen.

I heard footsteps and expected them to be his but I turned and it was the girl.

"Mrs. Price I'm not sure what Anthony has told you about me but I really love your son. We may argue from time to time and I'm pretty sure he's told you about that but I really love him and I want to spend the rest of my days with him." She said pouring her little heart out. "I've always wanted to meet the woman who raised the love of my life and it took 2 years for him to finally bring me here. I just wanna say I looked forward to meeting you."

"Aw baby you really love my son?" I asked feeling sorry for her because if they were together for 2 years he hasn't been loyal at all.

"Yes ma'am." She said