18

Cameron

After we got the women and children to a safe house we went to our meeting place to load up the trucks. When we got here the Koreans and Hispanics were there. Everyone got out of their cars and walked to the building.

"What made you move the date?" One of the Koreans asked

"A party we were attending got shot up. All the wives and children were there as well." My father explained to them.

"We got hit too. 2 explosives in our home." The Hispanics said

"You should have called. We would have had this done last night." My father said unlocking the door.

"It was your call." The man said

We spread out in the building loading up with weapons. As of right now I'm a little nervous. I've never been in a war, my father and his boys always handled it. I don't want anything to happen to me that'll make me have to leave my family.

"You alright?" Mikah said patting my shoulder

"Yeah. I'm straight." I said

"Call Kamiya before we go." He said

"I don't want to worry her." I said

"She wants you to call her. I just got off the phone with her and Jamila." He said

"Okay." I said pulling out my phone. He walked away letting me speak to my wife.

Kamiya- Hello?

Cameron- Hey baby

Kamiya- Hey cam.

Cameron- I'm nervous

Kamiya- Why?

Cameron- I've never been to war with another gang. My father handle that shit not me.

Kamiya- Cameron I know you nervous but you got this. You a strong man and I know you can handle anything that comes your way.

Cameron- What if I don't make it? Or I lose a arm or leg?

Kamiya- I promise you that you'll make it out and if you lose an arm or leg me and the kids will still love you the same.

Cameron- I love you.

Kamiya- I love you too. Now go kill some people.

Cameron- That doesn't even sound right.

Kamiya- I know but ya know it's what you're about to do.

Cameron- Bye baby we're leaving.

Kamiya- Bye sweetie, be safe out there

I hung up and start to walk with the men. When we got outside there were 4 vans. Everyone got into the vans and we drove off. I feel like I'm fighting in the army. I put my red bandana around my face and get prepared for what was coming next.

THIRD-PERSON OMNISCIENT NARRATION

As the men were arriving to James secret warehouse, James and his men were setting up to attack them. In James warehouse were Russians and James men.

"What's going to happen if they do a sneak attack?" One of the powerful Russian men ask.

"As long as we don't do anything to provoke them then they'll wait." James said with much confidence.

Outside of the warehouse were Mr. Price and his men setting up a circle around the warehouse.

"At 10:45 exact we run in." Mr Price said to them.