Chapter Eighty Four

The pain had intensified in the morning and Daphne continued to force me to the hospital wing.

"Just say you fell down the stairs," she suggested.

I brushed my hair one last time before turning to her. She was standing at the bathroom door with crossed arms. "Daph seriously, drop it."

"The makeup has done nothing! Let me try heal you at least."

I flinched at the suggestion. Daphne? Healing spells? Sure. And Voldemort was going to gift me Easter Eggs? I tried not to laugh at the notion.

"I know what you're thinking," she said as she eyeballed me. "Let me get Theo to try at least. Just some simple mending."

I sighed and exited the bathroom. Her scolding-self following hot on my heels. "Okay, Nott can try." I said bothered and sat down on my bed.

In less than ten minutes Nott was stood opposite me with a wand in his hand. He tapped it thoughtfully against his cheek as he tried to remember the spell. "I think I've got it," he said to Daphne.

"Think?" I raised a brow.

He waved his wand exaggeratedly in a large circular swish and I frantically held my hands up. "Merlin-Merlin, Nott-wait-no!" I rushed out. "Whatever healing spell that is, THAT is not the hand motion for it."

He looked down at his arm and nodded. "You're right, too much." He said. He did the same motion, but with a delicate hand this time. "Altius," he spoke.

The bruising on my jaw started to tingle at first and I frowned. It was a different sensation to when Pomfrey had healed me after my dragon battle last year. The tingling started to rapidly move deeper and before I knew it my jaw felt like it was aflame.

"Nott make it stop!" I cried, batting my jaw as if I expected fire itself to be burning me.

"Altius!" He said again, flicking his wand a totally different way he had before. Tears were starting to well in my eyes at the feeling.

"Nott make it reverse!" Daphne grabbed his arm and he swished it again.

With one last whoosh he had calmed the burning away, but now my bruise felt worse. I touched it with my hand and ended up hissing in pain.

"What did you do babe?" Daphne asked worriedly as she leaned in close to me, observing my face.

"I don't really know," he frowned then clicked his fingers together as a thought graced his mind. "Let me get Malfoy, he will fix it better than me."

"No not Malfoy," I muttered annoyed. "I don't want him to know."

"He already thinks you're clumsy, Melody. Don't worry he won't care you fell down the stairway." Nott said obliviously.

Daphne smiled and tugged his arm. "Malfoy and Melody are dating now, Theo."

He stared back at me with raised brows, "I see. That explains it."

"Explains what?" I asked as I rubbed my neck in agony.

"Explains why he has been acting extra smug lately. You can't say anything to the man without him shooting you down."

"I thought that was normal," Daphne mumbled under her breath to receive a glare from me.

"Can't you get Blaise? He's pretty smart." I beseeched.

"He's already gone down to breakfast." Nott said.

A knocking on our door called all our attention. At first, we all glanced at each other peculiarly, wondering who it could be. But the next recurrent knocks at a faster succession and heavier pound gave me an idea.