Chapter Nineteen

The first thing I was aware of was the coolness of the air and its loamy fragrance as I roused from my heavy slumber. Looking around a room so devoid of beauty, I realised I had been moved to the hospital wing in my sleep. I couldn't believe how quickly I had recovered from yesterday, a grin spread on my face as I remembered my feat. Streaks of sunlight penetrated the window and my golden egg on the bedside table glimmered. With the angle the sun was it, seemed to be midday. I surveyed the walls, a simple cream, not peeling or dirty, just cream. There was no decoration save for the limp curtain separating my bed from the others and the flowers beside me.

There were three different vases. One filled with pink peonies, I didn't need to read the card to know who they were from already.

"Get well soon, you are amazing! Love Daph, Payton and Faye x"

The other was an expensive array of multiple flowers. Bluebells, purple blossoms and yellow little daisies, they were beautiful. I picked up the little card hanging off it to see they were from Blaise, that kiss ass. I then looked at the third vase, filled with healthy red chrysanthemums. They were gorgeous, but nameless. My brows knitted together in confusion as I observed the exquisite flowers. Perhaps it was a generic gift from the whole House?

I sat up and carefully pulled myself off the bed. Ugly white hospital pyjamas hung loose on my body. As I moved I still felt some bruising but the potions had healed me for the most part. The curtain made a reeling noise as I tugged it open and found Fleur asleep in the bed beside me. I tiptoed around to feel the full strength of my body just before hearing subtle whispers. They were female, quite lecturing. As I got closer to the curtains they were coming from, I recognized them as Hermione.

They all jumped as I pulled it back. Harry was laying in his bed, Hermione sitting on the end and Ron on the chair beside him. He had received some flowers beside his bed as well. I was slightly caught off guard by Ron's presence, but assumed they must have made up. Your friend nearly dying does that to you I suppose.

Hermione beamed at me, jumping to her feet and giving me a gentle hug.

"Melody! How are you feeling?"

"Much better," I said.

"It's like magic," Harry mused.

"You are so lame." I said as I strolled in to sit on the end of the bed, just behind Hermione. "All is forgiven then?" I asked Ron.

"He's gotta be barking mad to put his name in the Goblet of Fire, both of you."

I smiled. "And so how did you go, Harry?"

"He was brilliant!" Hermione expressed. "All that practising paid off."

"Practising?" I questioned.

"I had to learn the Summoning Charm." Harry added.

I paled, had it been that easy for him? "You just summoned the egg?"

"No, you couldn't, it was charmed. But I summoned my Firebolt." He said giddily.

"Krum didn't even think of flying." said Ron excitedly.

"Did you get hurt?" I asked him.

"No," Ron scoffed, "that's why he's in the hospital."

"Hurt badly," I corrected with a slight roll of the eyes.

"A few scratches and bruises," he shrugged. "How are you, Melody?"

"You had a pretty bad fall at the end," Hermione said with worry.

"My ribs took a bashing, but worth it." I smiled merrily and reached over to grip Harry's hand for a moment. "We did it."

"We did." He smiled back.