What are Friends for?

Kara's POV

He's back, he's really back. Mon El. But he's married. I noticed the wedding band on his finger, and the way he treated the little girl who had been taken from the pod. He was the father of three beautiful girls. The husband of another woman. And my ex. I was snapped out of my thoughts by a very concerned looking Lena. "Kara, are you alright? You seem stressed." she said. "What? No? I was just thinking about something."  I had been back at CatCo, having brought the girls with me to drop off my article when Lena had suggested we go out for coffee. So here I was, sitting at a quaint little table in a teeny tiny caffe with a cappuccino in front of me, Lena sipping a black coffee.  Lena looked absolutely giddy as she told me that she had started dating James. "He's amazing, and even though we are complete and total opposites, we really like each other." I tried to smile but I tears came to my eyes. Lena gently touched my arm. "Kara, I know somethings wrong. Please tell me. I'm your best friend" she pleaded. "It's just that Mon El's back and the fact is he's married and has a daughter. But he also has my girls, who don't have a father. Just because he ended up in the future." I started crying all over again. Lena helped me wipe my eyes. "How about this? I'm free today, my meeting got cancelled because Scott couldn't fly in from Beijing due to a typhoon. I'll take care of the girls, and you can go sort things out with Mon El." I nodded and stood up,  I kissed both of the girls, on the forehead and left them with Lena, waving goodbye. I ducked into the alley and pulled two containers from my bag, popping one from each of them in my mouth. Using my superspeed, I changed into my suit and flew to the DEO. A brown haired blur ran past me, laughing. Then, I saw him, Mon El, chasing her. "Siana, come back here! You have to eat your broccoli!" he looked flustered. I felt someone collide with me from behind and turned around. It was Siana, who was the spitting image of her mother, though with Mon El's hair, and his smile. I knelt down to her height, she was quite petite. "Hey, I'm Kara." I said. "I know, my father named me after you. That's why my name is Siana Kara." As I registered my shock, Mon El suddenly came behind her and scooped her up. "Siana, come eat your broccoli." he said. "But I want mommy to feed me." she whined. "Darling, mommy's asleep." he said. My gaze traveled to the med bay, where his wife lay. I saw her eyes flutter open, and the panicked look on her face. "Hey, Mon El." I said, gesturing to the med bay. Mon El ran to the Med Bay, still holding Siana. He kissed her, and Siana flung herself over her. "Imra, how are you feeling?" he asked. Imra, that was her name. She kissed Siana and sat up. "I'm fine." she told him. I watched the three of them happily sitting together, so I turned around and flew away, landing at Lena's apartment. She was holding Elara and sitting on the couch, Nova in her crib a few feet away. I changed  into the spare set of clothes I kept at Lena's house, sweatpants and a hoodie and collapsed on the couch, crying. Lena gently wiped the tears off my face and wrapped a blanket around me. "Lena, can you get me an Advil from my purse." I told her. She nodded and reached into my purse. Instead of the Advil, she pulled out two orange containers. "Kara what's this?" she asked. I shrank into a ball and stare at her. She read the description out loud. "Anxiolytic. Prescribed for anxiety and trouble sleeping.  Antidepressant. Prescribed for attempted suicide? Kara? What's going on?" I started crying. "It all started after Mon El left. I knew I was pregnant at the time, but hadn't told him yet. And then I sent him away in a pod. I started to have panic attacks, trouble sleeping. It was unhealthy. To top it all off, I was throwing up, and having dizzy spells. One day, it got too much for me to handle. So I snuck Kryptonite, which I then used to cut myself. I woke up the next day in a hospital bed. I've been taking medication since then." I finished. Lena gave me a hug. I looked at her with a sad face. "I don't feel beautiful anymore either. Mon El used to call me the most beautiful woman on earth.  Now, I feel fat. I'm ten pounds heavier, and I have stretch marks, and I just feel ugly."  I sobbed. "Kara, I think you are still beautiful. What ten pounds? You don't look fat. And those stretch marks are just as pretty as you are. They gave you your beautiful girls. You are still pretty, and young, and perfectly worthy of love." she scolded. She picked Nova up and handed her to me. "Thanks for making me feel better Lena." I mumbled. "Your welcome Kara. That's what friends are for."