Babies!?

Warning* Cringey birth scene ahead.

I was counting the days till I could hold the babies in my arms. I had already picked out the names, with careful advice from Alex and Eliza.  I was now one week from my due date, June 17th. I was huge, I could barely walk and Alex was monitoring me carefully. Today was June 10th, and I absolutely cannot wait!

Today was boring. I lay in bed, read books, watched movies, and texted people. I headed to bed. keeping Alex on speed dial, incase the the babies wanted to make a surprise entrance. I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep. I was awakened by a painful pulsing in my back and stomach. My suspicions were confirmed when i timed the contractions. It was not Braxton Hicks for sure. I called Alex really quick. "Alex...please come to my room NOW. I think the babies have decided to  make an early show." She told me she was on her way, and as she spoke I felt a gush of water between my legs. "Alex." I moaned into the phone. "My water just broke." I gasped every time a contraction hit, and approximately twenty minutes later, I was being transferred to the Med Bay by Alex and the medical staff. Alex took a quick ultrasound and told me some not so good news. Baby B was a breach. She checked how far I had dilated. 5cm, not quite there yet. The next few hours were painful, and crept by agonizingly slow. Approximately 10 hours after my water broke, I was allowed to push. I screamed, I groaned, and soon, my first beautiful baby was born. Luckily Baby B had shifted into birth position, so I repeated the ordeal. Alex and Eliza took the girls for medical examination real quick and after both girls were cleaned off they were placed in my arms.  The elder one, by fifteen minutes, was named Nova Alexandra Danvers, and the younger, Elara Rose Danvers. Both had the prettiest deep blue eyes, and small dirty blonde curls were plastered to their foreheads. They had Mon-El's eyes. I started crying, both were absolutely beautiful. Five days later, I was allowed to go home. I went home, to the nursery, which had been painted light blue, and decorated with clean white furniture and matching blue bedding. Picking the girls up, I put them into their cribs. Alex, who had come home with me settled into a comfy chair, and shooed me away. Exhausted, I changed into pajamas and crashed. When I woke up, I went to the babies room. Alex was putting Nova onto the changing table, who was bawling. "Alex, what's wrong?" She turned and sighed. "I think she needs a diaper change. Or is hungry." I x-ray visioned her really quick. She was hungry. I grabbed a blanket and let her latch on after sitting in a chair. When she had had her fill, I burped her, and put her back in her crib. Alex came with two cups of hot tea and sat on the floor next to me. As she handed me the mug, I asked her something that had been bothering me. "Alex, should I get help to take care of them? I'm on leave from CatCo, and Supergirl will be needed." She agreed that it was necessary and we selected a nannie.