Smiles:)

Time Jump

"There! Perfection!" Mon El said. Kara glanced in the carefully positioned mirror. "But the polish on my big toe is smeared!" she whined. "Fine, I'll fix it." he said. He finished and Kara smiled. "Thanks babe. I can't reach my feet anymore. I can't wait to get this little nugget out." she said, gently placing her hands on her swollen belly. Shee glanced at the clock. It read 7 am. "I'm going to go get the twins ready." she said, carefully standing up. She was dressed in a stretchy gray maternity dress, with a pale pink cardigan over it. He nodded. "I'll make breakfast." he said. Kara waddled to the twins room, which she had decorated herself. The walls were light pink, and the bedding was a few shades darker. Butterflies and flowers were stenciled on the walls, toys and clothes neatly tucked away in the dresser. The twins were three now. "Hey girls!" she said, sitting down on Nova's twin bed. "Good morning momma." Elara replied, as she swung out of bed. Kara gently prodded Nova. "Sweetie, time to get up." she said. "But I don't want to." whined Nova. Kara gently sat her up and whispered in her ear. "Then someone doesn't get pancakes." Nova suddenly jumped out of bed. Kara laughed. Food always worked. She got up and went to the dresser. "What do you girls want to wear?" she asked. "Dress." Nova replied. "Pants." Elara said. They were already polar opposites. Sometimes, it was like Elara was the elder one, she was so bossy, while Nova was meeker, more submissive. Kara dressed Nova in a denim top dress, while she put Elara in shorts and a shirt.

 Kara dressed Nova in a denim top dress, while she put Elara in shorts and a shirt

"Now how should I do your hair?" she asked

"Now how should I do your hair?" she asked. The girls shrugged. Kara decided on pulling the hair back into a french braid, with a white bow on the end. "C'mon! Let's go down!" she said. They followed a waddling Kara down the stairs. "Hey girls!" Mon El said. "Hi Daddy!" they yelled, throwing themselves on his legs. Kara sat down at the table and massaged her temples. Mon El noticed her discomfort. "You okay babe?" he asked. She nodded. "My back hurts a little." she said. He handed her some Tylenol. "Thanks." she said. He nodded. "So girls, what do you want on your pancakes?" he asked. "Nutella and strawberry!" they both yelled. He nodded and spread Nutella on the pancakes, cutting them up, topping them with strawberries. "The fork, not your hands." he reminded them, setting plates on the table. He poured them some milk into cups, and sipped his own tea. Since Kara couldn't drink coffee, he didn't as well. They just had herbal tea most mornings. "Pancakes?" he asked. Kara nodded, helping herself. "Just two more weeks." she whispered under her breath. Alex had given her a drug to extend the duration of her pregnancy from four months to nine. Kara was thankful for it, as it kept her much healthier than her first. The four month pregnancy had really strained her body and her mental health as well.  "Girls, wear the glasses that aunt Alex gave you." they both reminded them. Alex had also made earrings that suppressed their superhearing, with trace amounts of Kryptonite so their powers wouldn't work. Not enough to harm them. just weaken. After plates were cleared, hands washed, and shoes were on, the family got into their minivan. To Kara's protest, they had gotten it after she became pregnant, as Mon El pointed out, she couldn't fly around pregnant. Plus, they needed to appear a little normal. They drove to the girls preschool, dropping them off, and then went to CatCo. "Kiera, what a pleasant surprise. I just came to get a few things. Leaving with the President for an press conference." It was Cat. Kara smiled. "Hi Miss Grant." Cat looked her up and down. "Why are you still at work?" she asked. "You look like your about to pop. How far are from your due date?" Kara shyly tugged at her glasses. "Two weeks." Looking at the approving expression on her boss's face, she decided not to tell that this was her last day before maternity leave. Cat waved goodbye, and left, sashaying through a crowd of employees who immediately parted for the Queen of All Media. Kara laughed, as she heard Cat grumble. "This elevator smells like Olsen's cologne and Luthor's perfume." She kissed Mon El on the lips, and he left for a meeting. He worked in the sports department. Kara sat, red pen in hand, editing her article. "Miss Matthews?" a feminine voice asked. She looked up. "Nia, how many times have I told you to call me Kara!" she reprimanded. "Okay then. Kara? I need some help with this interview." Nia told her. Kara showed her how to find questions, and finished her articles. She wrapped up around lunch. She was working half days this week, just incase. She drove the minivan home, Mon El could fly later. She made herself a sandwich at home, and drank some lemonade. Propping herself up on the couch, she watched Riverdale for some time. She was almost done with the second season. She watched it alone, with Mon El, she usually watched Grey's Anatomy. She felt a sharp pain in her stomach and winced. A contraction, probably just braxton hicks. However 15 minutes later, she felt another one. Soon, the contractions were seven minutes apart, and she decided to call Mon El. "Hey babe?" Winces. "The baby's coming." Twenty minutes later, Mon El, Nova and Elara, arrived home to find Kara in labor "DEO, now." she ordered. He nodded, and soon all four of them were driving their. Kara sat looking pale, sweating, her hands clutched around her belly. "Mommy? Are you okay?" Elara asked from the backseat. Kara replied in a strained voice. "Yes I am sweetie. The baby is just coming out. In some time, you'll be big sisters." They were content with that answer. Alex, who had been informed by Mon El, was waiting with a gurney by the entrance. Kara was transported to the Med Bay, where she labored through the night. Around nine pm, Nova and Elara were sent to bed, with Winn watching them. By five am, she was ready to push. Kara was exhausted. Alex glanced at her. "I can see the head! Push!" Kara screamed as she pushed her baby out. "It's a boy!" Alex announced. Kara smiled as she looked at Mon El. "Hudson Jacob Matthews." she said. Mon El nodded. He was cleaned off and placed in Kara's arms. She cried tears of joy. "My baby boy." she said. "Mama's boy." When Nova and Elara woke up, they were excited to see their new baby brother. "Name?" Nova asked. "His name's Hudson." Kara told them. Hudson had Mon El's eyes hair, lips, everything. He was a miniature of him, besides his nose, which was more like Kara's. "He's so tiny!" Alex gushed. "Sofia was a lot bigger. She was eight and a half pounds. He's seven!" Sofia was two now, and looked so much like Maggie it was crazy. She was small for her age, brunette hair streaked with caramel highlights, an olive complexion, and dark eyes. "He's healthy?" Mon El asked. "He is a perfectly normal Daxtonian baby." One big happy family they were.