She's Dead

"Kara get me the paddles!" Yelled Alex. I grabbed them, and charged them. "One-two-three" Alex counted. We continued this for some time, till Alex looked at Mon El sadly and pulled Imra's blanket over her head.  "She's gone, I'm sorry. I tried my best to save her. I will have to determine the cause of her death." Mon El gave a cry of grief and sank to the floor. Tears burst out of my eyes, she didn't deserve to die. It should have been me. Even worse, she had four children, who now didn't have a mom. I helped Mon El stand up. "Do you want me to tell the kids? Or do you want to do it?" I asked him. He choked out "I will, but can you come with me?" I nodded and the two of us went to their apartment. Siana opened the front door with an apprehensive Maggie visible on the couch, Eila sleeping in her lap. Siana looked at her father's tear streaked face to mine and started crying. "She's gone isn't she!" She sobbed. Mon El woke up Eila and Tomas to tell them that their mom was no more. Eila burst into tears, while Tomas just looked confused. "Kara, I need you and Mon El to get back to the DEO." Alex came on the comms. I nodded and told Mon El we had to go. We flew back to the DEO, where Alex was in her lab. "So I was able to pinpoint Imra's cause of death, which was a blood hemorrhage. It was in her brain, which means that there was no chance that the paddles would have even worked." she said. Mon El went back to the room where Imra lay, stiff, and unmoving. I followed him, peeked from the half closed door. He knelt next to her, "I'm sorry Imra. I'm sorry. You should be alive. You will be alive again, just wait."

Short chapter, the next one will be longer. Been sick with a cold as air travel always messes with me.