A Very Long Chapter In Where Everything Falls Apart Again (Part 1)

Day 3...Continue

"MINHO!" I screamed after him. Melody and I ran to the edge of the cliff, where we saw the airplane tumbling over onto the rocks. We heard screaming, Minho's yells and screams of pain. Then the plane landed on a rocky side, unable to fall down any longer. Then silence. All you could hear was Melody and I's heavy breathing. In seconds, Minho had tumbled down the mountain, screaming in protest. It was painful to hear those screams, but his silence...that was deafening.

"Oh God, oh God, oh God, what do we do?" Melody panicked. I wanted to tell her some genius idea, but my heart was pounding just as hard. I whipped my sweaty hands down the side of my sweatshirt.

"Let's go," I said shortly, not trusting myself to speak. Melody and I pulled each other down the side of the mountain, holding on to each other, so we wouldn't meet the same fate as Minho. We climbed down the side of the mountain, my hands stiff and cold in seconds. In parts we were able to walk downwards without much trouble, other times I felt like I was on a high rock climbing adventure, time seemed to seem at a lost. Each step down seemed to take forever, but other than that, time seemed to have stopped as we climbed down in silence.

When we were close enough to the plane, we sprinted over. The plane was turned upside down and it was more condensed and pulled together. Melody, who was ahead of me, stopped running and covered her face with her hands. I ran past her, paying her no attention, and towards the plane.

"Hey, Kyle, we have our other Teen Volunteer here today too," Ann told me. I followed her to the dog room. A tall boy stood in the pen. All the dogs tried getting on top of him. His brown hair was flying allowed the place, as dogs claimed all over him.

"Minho," Ann said. The boy stood up. "Minho, this is Kyle. Kyle, this is Minho."

"What's up?" Minho asked. I didn't have a chance to respond.

"You two better start getting along, because you two are the only two volunteering this summer so far. I'm working in the front, so that means you two are taking care of the dogs and cats," Ann told us.

"You get paid, and you have the easiest job," Minho said.

"And you volunteer here out of your own free will," Ann reminded him. Minho didn't have a response. Ann left the room.

"Go take care of the cats," Minho demanded.

"No," I told him.

"No?" he asked standing up from the dogs.

"No," I repeated, witch probably wasn't the best thing to say. He walked out of the pen. He was about two inches taller than me, but I decided not to back down. At least not yet.

"Listen up here. I am on my 2ed strike. One more mess up and I'm a goner," Minho told me, "so you're going to get in that room. Clean up the pen. Put new toys in. Put the dirty toys to be washed. Then you're going to brush every cat and play with each one of them."

"Then we'll both work in the dogs, get that done, then carry on to the cats," I said, trying to compromise. Minho scrunched up his nose and took deep breaths in and out.

"Fine Chris-"

"Kyle."

"Whatever!" he said throwing his arms up and walking away.

I shook my head, trying to get back to my own reality. I couldn't care less about why these visions kept entering my head. I didn't want any of them, I just wanted to find Minho.

"Minho!" I called into the plane. I tore a portion of the plane. The side of the plane, all metal was in small parts. I pushed them aside, trying to get to the main area where Minho was last. "MINHO!" I called again as I stumbled into the main room of sitting. The cloth of the seat had come apart, blood stains were on the cloth. I thrashed everything around. "Minho! Where the heck are you!" I yelled out in frustration.

"Kyle!" Melody called from outside, "he's here." I ran back outside out of the plane, scratching my arm and leg in the process on the bent over metal. I followed Melody's voice to the other side of the airplane, behind it. She was kneeling over Minho. Her fingers resting on the side of his neck, looking for a pulse. I fell next to her. "He's still alive," Melody stated. I let out a breath of relief. The wind started howling as soon as she spoke. She shivered in the wind, wrapping my sweatshirt closer to her skin.

"We need to get under something and next to a fire," I stated the obvious. We glanced up the mountain, way up there was all our belongings and the cave we had been staying in. How the heck were we going to get up there?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note

Ok....so I was looking to find some action in this book. Here it is.

Minho is about to die.

Melody is freaking out.

Kyle, who is clueless, is left to take charge over people he doesn't remember.

Things are getting just a bit more interesting. Aren't they?

I'm actually really happy with the last two parts of the books, I feel like the book had been pretty boring (chapters 1 and chapter 2). I think chapter three is when things started to hit more and into chapter four.

Ughhhhh, finally out of my writers block with this book. Get ready for regular chapters, maybe even full length chapters soon. I should be back on a schedule a few weeks after school starts. I'm starting next week, and for at least a week I probably won't be able to write due to homework. Afterwards, I'll try my best to keep a nice schedule going.

THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH FOR READING!!!! Leave a vote and comment to put a smile on my face...or don't...either way.

Word Count: 1030