I Knew The Boy With Dark Eyes (Part 3)

We sat in awkward silence, not knowing what to talk about...better yet, where we should start. Footsteps entered the cave, we both glanced up to see a wet Melody walk in.

"What happened to you?" Minho asked, flying up. Melody walked in, soaked to the bone. Her curly hair was pulled down in heaps of wetness. She looked like she just decided to jump in a lake with her clothes for the heck of it.

"Rain happened, didn't you guys hear it?" she asked. Both of us shook our heads. "It was like the Heavens decided to pour everything out of no where, all at once," Melody replied.

"Yeah...no," I replied. Melody flashed me a glare, that I shrugged to her about.

"Can I please borrow another article of clothing from someone?" Melody asked us.

"Just take off the jacket," I told her, referring to the jacket I had thrown at her before she went out to find Minho. The jacket was soaked in every inch of its existence.

"I can't, I have only a T-shirt underneath this," Melody said.

"Just stay wrapped in a blanket until the jacket dries off, you're going to get colder if you keep it on," I told her.

"Yeah...but the shirt is also wet," Melody said. She started fidgeting with her fingers and hair. She looked highly uncomfortable suddenly.

"Change your shirt then," Minho said as plain as day.

"I don't have another T-shirt, I didn't think I would be suck in the situation that I needed to put an extra T-shirt in my carry on," Melody replied, in more of a snappy tone.

"Just stay near the fire, waiting for the shirt to dry," I told Melody.

"It's a white shirt, Kyle," Melody finally said. I opened my mouth to make a comment on it, wondering what the heck was wrong with that. Then it you know...clicked in my small brain. "See the issue?" Melody asked. Minho and I shook our heads quickly. Melody bit her lip to stop it from trembling, she clutched her arms to her side, trying to keep them from shaking as much. She was freezing and she couldn't stay in those wet clothes.

"Ok, take the jacket and the shirt off, we'll like close our eyes and such. Put my sweatshirt on, just without a shirt and then once your shirt dries you can put it underneath," I told Melody.

"But-"

"Yeah, that's funny, you think that it's a choice. You're going to freeze to death and we don't need anyone dying on us," I told her. I threw her my sweatshirt. We went behind the pile of rocks and changed out of her wet clothes and into my sweatshirt. She came out from behind the rocks, that giant sweatshirt reaching past her hips and the sleeves past the ends of her hands. I took her wet clothes from her and laid them near the fire.

"Awwwwww! Melody is wearing Kyle's sweatshirt, isn't that relationship goals?" Minho said in a teasing voice. I rolled my eyes and said nothing.

"Is this really the time?" Melody asked, folding her arms.

"I'm just trying to keep things as normal as possible. Maybe it'll trigger Kyle's memory, maybe your feelings will start to-"

"Minho, shut up, would you?" Melody asked.

"What ever you say, Madam," Minho stated. We all sat around the fire, Melody still shivering her butt off. I wrapped the blanket around her shoulders. The three of us grouped together, leaning on one another's shoulders, just for the body heat. The wind was picking up and letting more of the coldness come in.

"It's freezing," Melody said, her voice shaking and her teeth trembling. I moved over closer to her, trying to warm her cold body with my own.

"I'm going to go and get more wood," Minho announced to us both. I threw him the last sweatshirt we had. We had a total of four. We each had one on, and then an extra one.