26. Nostalgic

"Good morning, my lady."

You woke to the sound of a sweet voice, your eyes immediately meeting the ones of...

Your dear future husband.

"Leeteuk."

He grinned at the sound of his name coming from your lips, but you couldn't return the smile. It was too painful to smile.

Somehow, this felt extremely nostalgic as you sat in your bed, and you watched as Leeteuk poured you a cup of tea.

Just like how he did so long ago.

"My dear, it's going to get a bit hectic these upcoming days," Leeteuk played with your hair as you sipped your tea, not having nearly enough energy to push him away.

"For we're finally going to seal this once and for all."

Oh, dear lord.

You faked a smile and enthusiasm as you set down your teacup. "When is it?"

"Only three days from now, love." He strokes your head lovingly, which felt so painful to you as he plants a kiss on your forehead. Your fingers unknowingly dug into the sheets, your knuckles turning white as you grabbed them tightly.

Don't feel.

Don't let those tears fall.

"I am quite content with how obedient you've been these past few days. Have you finally—"

"Yes, yes I have," you quickly said, slicing his words. "It's been... terribly difficult, but..."

You paused as you swallowed,

"Your love has reassured me and I've realized how... deeply you actually love me," you finally choked out. What-

"And I've come to... accept that."

Leeteuk's smile seemed to grow wider and wider as he couldn't contain his glee and crashes his lips against yours. You gulped as you tried to keep up your facade and act, so you deliberately tried to kiss him back.

"That's my girl. Then I assume that you're just as excited about the wedding as much as I am?" Leeteuk pulled away, breathless as you slowly closed your eyes and nodded.

"This is what I've been wishing for since day one, Y/N. For your heart to finally belong to me and only me," he sighed as he gazed into your eyes. "And my wish has finally come true."

"Now, let's prepare ourselves for the dinner tonight."