t w e n t y s i x

[so surreal]
-chapter twenty six

It's been an extremely eventful vacation i will certainly never forget. the days honestly flew past slightly too fast for my liking, yet i managed to savour it while it lasted. will stay forever in my mind and heart? I hope it does. but isn't it so, that when we miss something so dearly, slowly but surely, it begins to fade from our memory? like sand running down through outstretched palms. and so it is.

as well as adrien of course. I may've never really seen it to such an extent but he's always been there for me, even in the most inconvenient of times. he's always had my back and I've always had his. I'm his shoulder to cry on and he's mine- if i can reach it. we joke about the time when i genuinely despised him thinking he was just another spoilt brat...i mean what am i supposed to think if he's friends with chloe?

I understand where she gets her attitude from and yes she's a massive pain, but so am I sometimes. we all are.

speaking of chloe, i heard nathaniel confessed his feelings to her. Im personally not a gossip loving person unless im with alya of course- that's another matter. she's the queen of such things.

+

"what's on your mind, you seem bothered" asked adrien who was sitting next next to me on the sofa. It was the last day here and i was thinking about jeremy. I was resting my head on adriens shoulder frowning slightly, his one hand was resting around my waist while the other grasping mine as it usually did now.

jeremy had texted me to tell me he apologies for everything. i didn't know what exactly to make of it. at all. what could i make of it? i couldn't tell whether he was being disingenuous or not.

unknown-

hey marinette...
this is jeremy. im really sorry for all the trouble ive caused you. i never meant to hurt you- emotionally or physically. you weren't comfortable too close to me and i understand that now. I also understand that now is far too late. you must hate me. you probably never want to speak to me again.
read • 19:54

that time you were in the hospital...you fainted and i completely freaked and ran. i didn't know what to do. i don't expect you to forgive me but yeah
im sorry
read • 19:58

I sighed deeply rereading the message. it was eating away at me. adrien moved his head, craning it to look at the message over my shoulder. i had no objections, if anything i needed advice. i looked up at him, and was met with a frown. not directef at me, but my phone screen. eyebrows tightly furrowed, he looked back at me, letting go of my hand and placing his on my hair, playing with it lightly.

"marinette, we've been through this. you can let go now. what you do is up to you but don't stress over him. hes not worth the pain hes inflicted on you. "

i blushed lightly and nodded in understanding.

change name
"jeremy"
yes • no
yes

name changed to jeremy

i stared at my phone and rethought what adrien had just said.
"you're right...he really isn't worth it"

settings
delete contact?
yes • no
yes
contact deleted

i put my phone down and smiled. i really needed that, and wow did it feel good to do it.
"I'm proud of you," said adrien hugging me around the waist "but you can loosen up now." with that, he lifted me off the ground and began carrying me outside. the air had been knocked out of me and suddenly i was upside down, over his shoulder.
"hey! adrien what are you doin-"
"shhh... you can swim now, right?" he asked, and even from a distance i could tell he was grinning, and i had such an urge to wipe it clean off of his face.
"yes and what? that's hardly releva-"

splash

i should've guessef what he was planning. water surrounded me as i swam up and broke through the surface of the water. I looked up at a grinning adrien tying to restrain his laughter and clearly failing, standing safe, and dry at the edge of the pool.

"I told you, you need to loosen up," he chuckled and jumped in too, sending water everywhere. he swam up to me and lifted my chin delicately, making me look up at him, and into his eyes. "so that's what im helping you do."

i was considering screaming at him, considering this was one of my last clean pair of clothes, but then i stopped myself. this was actually the most fun ive had in a while, and maybe he was right. maybe i did need this. what an odd sight this must be, two people in a pool fully clothed and just casually talking. at the thought itself, i began laughing, still looking up into his face. soon enough adrien joined in, and taking this opportunity i broke out eye contact and swept an armful of water at him.

as expected the next few minutes were spent with water flying everywhere and either cries or laughs...at this point it was hard to tell.

it took a few minutes until we calmed down, and agreed to concede. we both swam up to the edge of the pool, still in it. "thank you" I smiled, and i meant it. adrien came closer to me. my arms found their way up to his shoulders, my smile still unable to leave my face.
"thank you too" he replied, and kissed me again. everytime he does I feel so light so, loved. it's all so surreal, even now.

i wonder if you  guys are older or younger, i was so young when i started this haha