f i f t e e n

[the dance]
-chapter fifteen

+

i heard the doorbell ring just as I put my last glove on. alya squealed as she opened the door. a brunette and a blunette boy stood outside, both of them eyes wide in shock.

we all I smiled awkwardly like the dorks we were (well maybe apart from jeremy, he tried to be serious)

saying our "hellos" and "you look great"s, we walked to the hall where the dance was taking place.

it was quite amazing honestly. the floor was a light blue painted wood and the walls were white. all the lights but one had been turned off and the occasional party light was here and there. i immediately walked over to the refreshments, trying to avoid eye contact with anyone I knew.

i sipped on some punch, which, luckily enough hadn't been spiked just yet.
then something slightly blinded me, can you guess what it was?

hmm....

did you guess it?
yup chloe
with her over exaggerated dress

was it pretty? I guess- although she kind of looked like someone from toddlers and tiaras

was it pretty?
I guess- although she kind of looked like someone from toddlers and tiaras. not particularly pretty at all actually.

the hall was beautiful, even elysian and the many people there I didn't recognise all looked so happy and content. people from our class ignored chloe- but a few others ran up to her like hungry dogs to a bone.
talk about extra
"hey"
i turned to see none other than adrien. ''hi" I answered "you here with someone?" I asked, still curious if he actually was.

"nope, not missing out on much though. nino forced me to come and I only gave in because of the refreshments" he said taking a cookie and eating it.
"honestly me too, if it wasn't for the food, I'd be out"

i smiled. suddenly his face dropped and tensed up significantly, he sighed "see you around " he waved, making his way over to nino.

I looked behind me to see jeremy
"sorry got caught up in the crowd" he said- finally nearing me.

"dont sweat, really" I laughed "it's still pretty early" i wasn't really in the mood for dancing at the moment so I walked away before he asked.

wow I didn't know these things were so crowded! i walked around mindlessly till I heard my favourite song come on.
i shifted my head from side to side in time with the beat. It was rather upbeat and I saw lots of people gathering at the dance floor.

feeling a sharp tug, i turned abruptly on my heel and saw alya behind me. "come on girl...dance!" she shouted over the music.
she tried moving my arms around and I burst out laughing.
"ok, ok fineeee" so I actually attempted to dance

well done me. i have discovered something about dance. i suck at it, really badly. well, I kind of already knew that

"come on alya- you took dance lessons!" i moaned as I saw her holding back a laugh.
it was true, she had taken classes and she was a decent dancer, unlike me. suddenly I heard loud shouts from behind me.
"just back off, ok!'