t w e l v e

[questions]
-chapter twelve

+

i honestly can't believe i actually just did that. how incredibly stupid of me. how could i do that? i mean i can't ditch jeremy now that ive already agreed to going, and we were only going as friends. then again adrien said he was okay, so it's all fine really.

then again, ive liked adrien for so long- being the one to turn him down crushed me honestly. but i couldn't. he had every opportunity to ask me earlier, he should've thought about that! right? adrien is okay..right? he was so nice to me even though i turned him down. he made such an effort and I just pushed him away.

did I do the right thing? does he hate me now? am i a horrible person? I am a horrible person!

i am a horrible person!

+

i sat in the drawing room the majority of the day...finishing my dress. it may it may not have been mainly to avoid bumping into adrien. i made sure to listen out to the sound of him going up and down the stairs in case of me needing to leave. it surprised me to hear how often he descended the stairs, almost as though he was hoping to bump into me on accident.

it took so long, but i finally finished the dress. it looks... average... well im an a normal girl with a normal life. i don't need extravagant things, and besides im actually really happy with it! i decided to use heaps of blue tulle for the skirt- i tried to make it match my hair in a way and i think it worked out quite nicely. the sleeves i decided, would be a bardeau style that would lie below my collarbones. to add some flair, i cut large pieces of satin velvet for them. some finishing appliqué and a small belt later- it really was finished. i make it sound so fast, but it took days upon days of hard work.

if only i hadn't said no to adrien. no! marrinette don't think about it! i made the right decision, im almost completely sure about it. no i didn't? oh i don't know.
it's far too late now. im going with jeremy.

my accessories were chosen by me prior to leaving, as they were crammed at the bottom of my luggage

my accessories were chosen by me prior to leaving, as they were crammed at the bottom of my luggage. i think they match quite well, although i wish i had chosen pearl earrings to match my pearl choker.

my plans is also to put my hair up slightly so that more attention is paid to my necklace and dress

my plans is also to put my hair up slightly so that more attention is paid to my necklace and dress. otherwise it isn't anything particularly special, its... average. nothing like chloes designer gowns, she is filthy rich and everyone knows it- she made sure everyone knew it. but at least i have the pride of having made my gown, and thats not something you can replicate.