t w o

[journey secrets]
-chapter two

it was time to head for the gate in our pairs as we'd be sitting next to them on the plane. the trip was rather 'short notice' yet my parents managed financially- they had been saving for a holiday anyway. i felt a little guilty about it, but they insisted i go.

i could see chloe at the back of the line, wearing her expensive designer clothing, with just about nine suitcases. of course she wasn't carrying them; kim and nathaniel were- poor guys. i mean how can you have a like to be around such a self-absorbed, single-minded, snobby brat?
i guess I'll never understand.

i tried staying silent while boarding, knowing I'd probably mess my words up as I usually did. I was however getting better with stuttering. it had become less of a problem than it had been in the past.
although there was that one time said "hows up?". it wasn't my best moment but surely not my worst.

he's so amazing, i can keep listing really;
he has the most amazing green eyes, they're just so captivating.
"thanks" I heard a voice say as i snapped back to reality. i saw Adrien smirking in front of me. "did I just say that out loud?" i asked, eyes wide.
"yes, yes you did." he replied still grinning.
I buried my face in embarrassment, someone please kill me... now.

we took our seats on the plane, right behind alya and nino. talking quite a lot about irrelevant things and old memories made the time fly by us. it was a long flight after all.

"hey dudes, wanna play a game of truth or dare?" suggested nino. "you're on" answered alya. they're honestly the most competitive couple ever, typical them. i was quite reluctant, as i didnt really know where this was going- but both adrien and i agreed anyway. the grin on ninos face was not to be trusted.

"i'll go first" suggested alya, noone had any quarrels with this as going first wasn't very desirable. "truth or dare" asked nino eagerly. choosing dare, she had to try get a selfie with miss bustier. seeing as their teacher was in a good mood, she complied with alyas odd request, a little confused.

+

"so... did you do it?" i asked as soon as she got back. alya rolled her eyes rather sassily and passed me her phone on the camera roll. I sniggered under my breath, ms bustier looked extremely surprised.

"i'll go now." volunteered adrien.

the game started off quite calm, but around 20 minutes later I decided to shake things up a bit...

+

"nino," I said after he chose truth, "who was your first crush here?" this was the start of my evil plan. nino laughed, "seriously, you really don't wanna know!"
"dude, come on!" pleaded adrien, also laughing now.

ah that laugh, the authentic laugh.
not the one in photoshoots with cameras and forced smiles.
i was also fooled to think the smiles in his photoshoots are real, but if you see this real one, its so heartwarmingly real.

you can just tell

"ok....it was Sabrina" he said while grinning broadly but also a little flushed.

alya spat out the soda she was drinking and burst out laughing.
"hey..it was only for a week, I didn't know and you weren't in this school" he blurted out looking at alya desperately.

they looked each other in the eyes and carried on for a few seconds.
"guys? earth to alya and nino!"

they jumped and then alya smirked. i saw a glint of evil in her eyes. my plan was about to backfire, wasn't it?.

"ok marinette, truth or dare?" she asked.
i proceeded to choose truth.

"well, who is your current crush? I know there's someone" she said, still smirking.
i should've seen this coming!
i didn't know what to say, she knew and adrien was right there oh alya!
"i um- go to nee- I mean need to go..." i stammered

"no, no no missy, this is getting interesting! ok then" said alya "what about you adrien? anyone special in mind?"

he choked slightly on his crisps
"me- y, you mean- do I have a crush? i um, don't know i- huh..." he sort of trailed off.
"come on dude, you told me! say it, its no big deal" said nino firmly
"you know what, i have a good idea" murmured alya "how about you say it at the same time?" she said, slightly too loud

we (adrien and I) sighed, but agreed.

+

"ok" shrieked alya " one, two, three!"

we said nothing but both of us had our heads down, pointing at one another

"yes oh my gosh yes I called it!" screamed alya so that the whole plane was looking at her jumping on her seat.

adrien and i looked up, our hands still pointing limply.

i quickly looked away as I felt a warm blush spread across my face.

on the outside I looked normal but outside, there was a party and the whole world was invited.
so basically i'm spending weeks in a cabin with my crush..... and he has a crush on me too? could this day get any better?

+

love you all x
don't be a silent reader, tell me what you think :)) <3