t w e n t y t w o

[why was I gone?]
-chapter twenty two

+

"hello miss, thank god you're ok"

I looked around to see a tall woman in a nurse uniform look down on me. her copper hair was clipped in a tight bun and her rosy cheeks seemed so warm and comforting.

"what happened to me?" I asked weakly as the pain in my throat got worse.
"marinette dupain-cheng? yes?" she asked. i nodded silently not wanting to speak due to the pain. "you well...2 nights ago you received some trauma to the head. you're not too badly injured just a slight concussion and a few bruises."
I took it all in, but nothing came back. no bits no pieces, not yet. i couldn't remember anything. two nights ago?

"you probably want to know where you are," she stated "you're in the the a&e hospital. as I understand it you are here on a school trip?"
I nod again

"your parents have been notified and three people will not stop trying to visit you since you were taken in . one of them practically slept here for the past two nights"

I was taken aback
who was it?

"I'll let them in one by one- the one who slept here can go first seeing as he won't leave you alone"
'he' hmm.....

the nurse walked out and a few seconds later none other than adrien rushed in- eyes red and hair a mess.
"you're ok" he beamed with relief, hands fiddling with the ring on his finger anxiously.

I tried sitting up but I instantly felt a sharp pain in my head and he put a hand on my shoulder.

"don't, it's okay" he said noticing this.

he made his way around the hospital bed and sat down on the edge next to me.
"I was so worried about you, you have no idea" he choked out
one of his hands brushed a few pieces of hair out of my face while the other grasped mine tightly and comforting. he leaned down so that I could feel his warm breath against my cheek.  he was so close...

"I was so, so worried about you," he whispered in my ear "ive never been so worried in my life."
this was the warmth I missed and craved.
I hummed and closed my eyes.

"okay get out before the other two visitors murder m-" began the nurse walking in then she smiled.
"im sorry but you still have to leave" she said yet this time she whispered under her breath "hmm, young love"

adrien smiled at me and left. next minute alya almost ran inside obviously not having had enough sleep by the looks of her.

"who the hell did this to you I swear to god I will kill them you better square up people I'm coming for your a-!"

"shouting is not permitted here," snapped the nurse pointing at a sign on the door
Alya rolled her eyes "I understand you concern miss but rules are rules." she finished.

Alya ran over and hugged me tightly. "HURRY UP IN THERE" came a familiar voice. "Seems like that is your last visitor, he also seemed quite distressed."
him...? who could it be this time?