e i g h t

[that evening]
-chapter eight

+

i spent that evening sitting on the sandy shore. my hands trailed through the soft sand,trying to explain everything to jeremy. it was harder than it seemed for talking while choking up tears isn't a good combination. we sat there for about two hours until the darkness settled in and the stars shone throughout the sky.

he walked me back to my cabin.
"i'm really so sorry..." i began, "its not important...but i never stopped thinking about you."

i smiled briefly, opened the gate and made my way towards the door. i opened it and ran up the stairs, just seeing a startled adrien in the kitchen. i had to avoid him.

+

slamming my door shut, i jumped on my bed and wept. i didn't know why really
i felt like suddenly all my worries were coming together in this moment. it was as if someone had taken small, insignificant shards of glass but put them together to make a bottle but smashed it again.

all it did was form a waterfall from my eyes.
i heard the door open quietly before i could stop myself, a pillow was flying across the room- hitting adrien right in the face. i looked up and burst into another gush of tears
"im," i coughed through my sobs "sorry."
he laughed and sat beside me.
"why are you apologizing to me? i don't know how i can help you, but i did make this earlier..." he smiled, pulling out a tray of little cakes.

lifting my head hesitantly, i wiped my eyes and forced a smile "you didn't have to you kn-. " i started.
"but i did." he answered cutting me off.
without a seconds notice, i grabbed a handful and stuffed them all in my mouth.

"th-annk ooooo," I tried saying with my mouth full, sending bits of cake everywhere, my eyes still glossy but my mood mildly lifted. "you seem to know me, " i swallowed, "much better than i thought."

he laughed again, got up and left the tray on my bedside table.

"if you need me im here. you can always feel comfortable talking to me but you should know I'll never force you to do anything" he began to walk out "oh, there's another tray downstairs" we winked at me as he walked out making me blush wildly.

"i'll k-" i swallowed everything in my mouth "i'll k--keep th-a t in mine- uh mind" i spluttered, taking another cake and cramming into my mouth, smiling.