always

He loved her. When they were fighting he still loved her. Right now was one of those times. "I don't understand why your being so closed off Lils. I just want to know what I did. If you tell me, I can fix it." Lili sighed and ran her hand through her hair. "fine. You want to know? It's not something you did on purpose. It's just when I dropped a plate the other night and you asked what it was, it triggered painful memories. The relationship I had before this, i was with an abusive man. I dropped a plate on accident one night and after asking what it was he beat me. I couldn't walk normally for a week when that happened and I just got scared okay? Happy now?"

Lili was in full blown tears and a shocked Cole approached her carefully. He led her to the couch with one hand on the small of her back and the other on her shoulder. Once they were sitting down he sat in front of her and spoke. "Love I would never hurt you. You drop a plate? So what? Not the end of the world. I love you so much baby and I'm always going to love you." Lili sniffled and wiled the remainder of her tears before turning and settling down into Coles arms.

"I'm sorry for being so dramatic." She whispered softly. "You weren't dramatic baby, I'm glad you finally shared that with me. Now let's get some rest hmm? I'll be here the whole time. Cole set up a pillow and a blanket and finally Lilis breathing evened out after five minutes. Staying true to his word he didn't get up. At least until the doorbell rang. The noise woke up Lili and she jolted up in his arms. "Hey hey it's alright, stay here and I'll go see who it is." He got up and sighed. It was just Cami and Skeet. "Hey guys what's up?"

"We wanted to know if you guys were up for drinks tonight and you didn't answer your phone." Cole glanced back at Lili and she shook her head. She wasn't feeling well enough to go out in public. Her anxiety was through the roof and her stomach hurt. "We can't tonight but rain check?" Cole asked. "Sure" Skeet answered. With that they left and Cole went back to the couch to find Lili with her head back and her hands on her stomach. "Baby what's wrong?" He asked gently. "My stomach hurts. I can't tell if it's something I ate or something else. Can you get me some medicine?" She asked quietly.

He nodded and got up and kissed her head. When he returned she had fallen asleep again. Rather than subject her stomach to any movement or pain furthermore, he pulled a blanket out and put it on her. While she slept, he edited some photos from his last shoot and was about to drift off when he saw Lili stir. Normally he'd let her be because most likely she'd fall back asleep but her face showed pain and discomfort. "Lils? Talk to me." He urged moving his computer to the side. She sat up a little but then got a panicked look in her eyes. With that she leaned over and hurled the contents of her stomach on to the floor. When she was positive she finished, she tried to sit up only to collapse clutching her stomach.

"Baby are you okay?" He asked worrying about her. She nodded but tears started to stream down her face. "Okay your clearly not and I know your gonna hate me but I'm taking you to the hospital. Reluctantly she nodded and he quickly picked her up and ran to his Jeep. "Hang in there love" He soothed when he heard Lili whimper in pain. While keeping one hand on the wheel, he took the other hand and held hers. The rest of the ride was silent expect for the occasional sniffles coming from Lili. Finally they got to the hospital. Practically jumping out, he grabbed Lili and rushed into the Emergency Room.

"Hi my girlfriend is in extreme pain and she needs help." He pleaded rubbing his hand on her back. "Of course, right away. Can I have yours and her name please?"

"Can we do that later?" He asked flustered. Immediately she recognized him and ushered him away from the patients sitting there. She grabbed a nurse who by the name tag, was named Maggie. Maggie got them settled in a room and then started Lili on morphine for the pain. She didn't sedate her just yet because a doctor was coming in soon. Right on cue he showed up. "Hi Im Dr. Manning, let's see what's going on here. "What's your name?"

"Lili. L-i-l-i, Reinhart." She responded. "Okay, do you mind if I do a few tests just to see what's up? Your chart says your having some abdominal pain. Could you rate your pain on a scale of 1-10?. Lili thought for a moment. "It was at a 10 earlier but now it's at an 8."

"Okay. And any nausea?" She asked typing into the tablet. Lili nodded. "I vomited maybe half an hour ago? But I've been feeling nauseous all day. I also have anxiety so I thought that was causing it."

"Alright. Do you mind if I do a quick exam?" Dr. Manning asked getting gloves on. "Go ahead." Lili sighed. She looked over at Cole who only looked at her with worry and grabbed her hand. "Your gonna be fine, okay?" He reassured her. Still holding his hand, she turned her head back forward. Then Dr.Manning pressed right below her belly button and Lili immediately threw up all over herself. Quickly the nurse got a basin and she puked into it once more before laying back in shame. "It's okay, no ones judging you. So I think I know what it is, but I'm going to send you up for a CT scan just to be sure, so I'll have a nurse get you a gown okay? I'll see you in a little bit." With that she left and Lili was transferred into a wheelchair. Cole got up and quickly gave her forehead a kiss knowing he couldn't go with her. "I'll be here when you get back okay love?"

She nodded and was wheeled behind double doors. "Sir you can come with us and we can take you to her room to wait for her okay?" Cole nodded and went with them.

Around an hour later, Lili returned looking worn out and pale. Dr. Manning was also present. "So Lili, you have whats called an appendicitis. Your appendix is inflamed and we need to take you to surgery to remove it. Okay?"

Lili nodded too tired to speak and they put her on the bed again and wheeled her out. This time Cole felt like he was waiting days. He was so terrified for her and was pacing around the room. He had called Lilis mom to let her know and she told him that she trusted him with her daughters life and to let her know how she was doing after. He decided he was going to call Mädchen and Cami. They showed up within half an hour bringing flowers and a get well card from everyone else. They stayed for about 2 hours before Lili came back. They gave her a light hug before leaving the couple to themselves.

Lili was just coming off of her heavy sedation and was very sore but still smiled. "Hey." She whispered to Cole. "Hey yourself." He replied wiping some of his tears. Dr.Manning cleared her throat and looked at her patient. "Your surgery went very well, I need you to take it easy for two-three weeks to let your incision heal. You'll also be kept here for 2 nights and 1 day for observation. So you can go home on Friday okay?" I'll be back to check on you in a couple hours. With that she left them. Cole focused his attention back onto Lili who was trying to wipe her tears away. "Hey hey, look at me love." She turned her head and found his eyes. "You did great my love. I'm so proud of you, especially considering your history with hospitals."

She smiled at him and with a little struggle moved over. Then she pat the spot next to her and Cole knew what she was asking. He kicked off his shoes and got under the blanket with Lili. Carefully he moved her so she was resting on his chest. She yawned and he took her hair out of the ponytail and ran his fingers through her hair. "I love you Lili Reinhart. Always and forever." He said as she was drifting off to sleep. She turned her head and looked up at him. "Always?" She smiled. "Always my love." He kissed her soundly before the two of them drifted off to sleep.

||authors note:
hey guys, so this is my first one shots fanfic as well as any riverdale type stuff so, I hope you guys like it, please don't forget to vote and comment:)

published: 8-18-18