Chap. 15

" you have to get ready soon" My mom said pulling me out of my thoughts.
"ok" I said and got up from the couch.
" is everything alright" my mom asked me, she looked concerned,
" uh yeah everything is fine" I said
" come sit" she said and patted the seat right next to her. " what's going on" she asked
"well I'm just nervous for the date tonight, like what if it ruins our friendship" I blurted out.
"But what if it doesn't " she said " what if it turns out perfectly, what if it only enhances your friendship" she said.
" but still what if it ruins our friendship" I said stressing over that.
" do you like this boy" she asked
" yes" I said
" well then yes it's going to ruin your friendship, it will transform it into something much better though" she said with a smile on her face.
I smiled" thanks mom"  I said and hugged her
" now you better get dressed he will be here any minute"

I ran up the stairs and hopped in the shower because I had been at the barn all day, I quickly showered and then ran over to my closet. I looked around and had no clue, so I quickly went over to my bathroom sink and brushed my teeth, dried my hair and applied makeup. I came back to my closet and stared at it. I ran to the top of the steps to find my mom,
" mom" I yelled.
" yes sweetie"
" I have no clue what I am supposed to wear" I said.
"well luke said something casual" she yelled up.
I looked over the top of the steps, I looked down to see Luke sitting on the couch." oh gosh you're early" I said holding my towel around my body.
" hold on I'll help" my mom said walking up the steps.

I looked in the mirror, I really liked the outfit that my mom picked out

I looked in the mirror, I really liked the outfit that my mom picked out. It was simple but perfect.

I walked down the steps. Luke and my mom were talking.
" wow" he said, I smiled.
" alright now son" my mom said, I looked at her with wide eyes.
" what I have to be the stereotypical father" she giggled with a smile.
" now son" she said again in a deep voice. " I need my princess home by 11:45, and extra quality points if home by 11:30" she said
" oh god mom" I said
" yes sir" he said with a huge grin on his face.
I kissed her goodbye and we walked out the door to his truck.
" so what are we doing tonight" I asked
" I'm not going to tell you" he said.
" no that's not fair" I said
" and why would that be" he said teasing.
" well how long till we get there" I asked,
" it's a surprise"he said smiling.
" fine" I said, then we were silent for a good amount of the car ride. I could already feel that this night wouldn't turn out well. I was already stressing and freaking out in my head when Lukes voice interrupted my thoughts, he put up the middle seat and placed his hand on my thigh pulling me over to him. I scooted over and sat next to him, he placed his hand on my thigh, he glanced over at me with a soft smile then looked back at the road.
Ok... maybe the night won't be that bad. I thought to myself. I put my hand on top of his as he rested it on my leg.
" we are here" he said. I looked up and smiled,
" we are going to eat at a diner that only makes breakfast food" he said grinning. We were about an hour out of our town.
" oh my gosh this is adorable" I said. He ran around and opened my door and we started to walk in, he held open the door for me which was very gentleman like. Then we waited to be seated, an older lady showed up and got two menus for us then guided us to our booth.