Chap.1

"Katie Carson get your ass moving" my friend said pulling my leg as she pulled my whole body from my bed to the floor. I groaned as I hit the floor with a thump. "Owe" I said rubbing the back of my head.
"Have you even picked out an outfit yet" she asked
I pushed myself back up to my bed
"Yes" I said. I lied I've grown up on a farm my whole life and I just have no interest in looking like a buckle bunny to impress cowboys. When I was little I used to show animals in the state fair, and I am totally a country girl.

" Katie" my friend said pulling me out of my thoughts
" what " I asked
She threw a pair of shorts and a cute top at me and my cowboy boots.
I groaned and sat up and got dressed, I really didn't want to go, because I knew exactly what was going to happen, I was going to get ditched while all my other friends got to go party with random dudes.

 " ooh girl you are going to get all the guys tonight" she said  I rolled my eyes  She shrugged her shoulders and walked out into her room

I rolled my eyes
She shrugged her shoulders and walked out into her room. I rolled my eyes because I knew she didn't mean what she said.
I hear arguing outside my door. I peak my head out to see what the commotion was, looks like someone borrowed another girls shirt and didn't return it. Man I cannot wait to move out of here, I am in my last year of college in Alabama state university, and I live in a sorority house with 15 other girls. Luckily I only have a few more months of the semester left till I graduate.

My friend Hannah peaked her head in again
"Are you ready yet" she asked I looked at her we are such complete opposites,
Hannah is tall and has blond hair and blue eyes and she was born and grew up in New York City. A real city girl Whereas I grew up on my family's ranch in Alabama, I have brown hair and brown eyes and I'm so short.
"Yes" I said
" Ok you can be out DD and drive your truck since we are taking a couple of girls in the house with us" she said
I sighed I hated to be the designated driver- I always get ditched.

I put on a spritz of perfume and I walked out the door. We all hopped into my truck and I drove to the rodeo.
I pulled into the gravel parking lot and found a spot to park we all got out and started the walk up to the ticket booth. As we walked up I heard someone whistle we all turned to look at a boy b-lining it for Hannah. He walked up to Hannah and started to talk to her, no surprise really...Hannah attracts all the men. 
The boy then paid for her ticket and whisked her away right in front of us. She turned around and yelled "I'll see you in there"
I rolled my eyes as Hanna walked with him into the arena
I paid for my ticket and walked in as well. I found the bar and went up and ordered my drink
" hi can I get whatever beer is on tap tonight" I asked
" yeah uh I'm gonna have to see some ID " said the bartender.
I showed him my  ID and handed him my debit card.
" ok here you go" he said and gave me the beer

I took a sip of the beer and scrunched up my nose.. over priced cheap beer. I had paid way too much to just throw it out so I sipped it as I walked through the vendors and such. Men and women were selling bedazzled belts and cowboy hats and shirts, for city folks to look 'western'