Chapter 12

I woke up to the sound of an alarm, I quickly turned it off and hopped out of bed. I walked to the extra bedroom and knocked on the door. I heard no reply so I walked in and started to wake Luke up. " hey Luke, you have to get up for work" I said
He stirred, slightly waking up "what are you doing in my house" he mumbled
" Luke this is my house and you have to get up for work." I said " I will make you some coffee if you get up" I said and he opened one eye.
" I'm up" he said
" by the way I washed your clothes last night so you are all good.  They are on the dresser and I will get you a cup of coffee" I said and walked downstairs. I put on the coffee maker and got bread out and started to make his lunch.
He walked down the steps as I was packing up his lunch and adding snacks to it.
" wow" he said "I haven't had a lunch packed for me in forever, like before my mom left" he said and smiled.
" awee" I said and hugged him.
" well thank you" he said and took a sip of his coffee. " ohh that is good. Wow you'd make a great wife someday" he said with a chuckle. "wait are you not wearing any pants" he looked down at me.
" I have shorts on" I said pulling up my shirt a little.
" ooh I see" Luke raised his eyebrow. "Hey I have another shirt in my car. Can you grab it. Just so I don't show up to work in the exact same clothes" he said as he walked back upstairs to grab his stuff.

I grabbed his keys and unlocked his truck. I looked in the back seat and then in a duffel bag. I found a shirt and then ran back into the house. The cool June morning air made me shiver.
" here I found your shirt" I said and extended my hand towards him. He took the shirt, grazing his hand across mine. Chills crept across my skin as I stood there and watched him take off his old shirt and put on his new shirt.

" alright

" alright. Thank you. I think if I showed up in the same shirt the guys might just think we hooked up" he said with a wink. I blushed. "Alright I gotta head to work" he said and walked out the door. I walked him to his truck then stood in the garage because I was cold. He held up his lunch "thank you honey" he said with a cheeky grin. I rolled my eyes at him. " get back in the house. You have no shoes or pants on. I'll see ya later" he said.
I walked back into my house and laid back in my bed. Lily stirred a little bit but then went back to sleep. I snuggled on in and fell back to sleep.

" Katie". I hear and I open one eye.
" hi Lil" I said
" can we go out to breakfast" she asked.
" yeah sure let's get dressed then we can go" I said