17 ~ the truth

"Eyes, look your last," Gabriel recited. He looked at Riley, lying down. "Arms, take your last embrace. And, lips, oh, you the doors of breath, seal with a righteous kiss."

Farkle jumped from the side of the stage. "Back off!"

"What meanest thou?" Gabriel asked, confused. Spear carrier... who havest no lines."

"You tried to kiss my woman. This I cannot allow. Prepare to die!" Farkle said.

"Farkle, what are you doing?" Gabriel asked. "It's 'Romeo and Juliet.'"

"Well, now it's 'Romeo and Juliet and Farkle,'" Farkle said. "I play Farkle."

"Dude, I'm supposed to kiss the girl. Shakespeare said," Gabriel said.

"Who thinks the spear carrier should finally get to kiss Juliet?" Farkle asked the audience.

Maya and Justin cheered in the audience.

"Yeah, you kiss that girl, you crazy spear carrier!" Maya said.

"You do you bro!"

Lucas tried his best to hide his smile.

"Hark! You cometh uppeth here and getteth kissed too," Farkle said.

"Thank you, thank you," Maya said.
"You're too kind, seriously." She walked up to the stage and talked to Riley. "How you doing?"

"I just don't understand how we end up in situations like this," Riley said.

***

Riley, Gabriel, and Farkle walk down with a crowd cheering their performance in the play except for Farkle.

"Thank you. Thank you, Farkle Nation!" Farkle said.

"Farkle, come here," Maya said.

"Maya, don't," Riley said. "He thinks he was good."

"Yeah, I'm gonna fix that," Maya said.

"But you can't tell him the truth. You'll crush him," Maya said.

"Oh, I can tell him the truth," Maya said. "It's you who can't tell him the truth because you're afraid."

"I'm not afraid. I'm nice," Riley said.

"You're saying I'm not nice?" Maya asked.

"No, I'm afraid to say that," Riley said.

"Tell him the truth. You know Farkle. You know what will happen if you don't," Maya said.

"She has a point, Riles," Lucas said.

"Yeah," Gabriel agreed. "Lucas and I may not know him as long as you two, he deserves to know the truth."

"What will happen?" Justin asked.

"Just watch and see," Maya said.

Farkle came to them.

"Farkle. You were so-- What are the best words?" Riley said.

"He killed the play. Those are the words. Those are the only words. You killed the play. Tell him," Maya offered.

"What? What does she mean?" Farkle asked. Until Riley said something, Farkle looked scared.

"She means you killed it, Farkle. Killed It! Showbiz talk," Riley lies.

"I actually I thought I ruined the play," Farkle said, relieved. "If you would've told me I ruined the play, I would have believed you. I would have been crushed, but I would've believed you."