•9

((i've really just been jamming to my pace by stray kids because ya girl loves changbin so-))
warning: slightly mature content

Mingyu wrapped his arm around my shoulders as we walked to his car.
"I don't want to go to school tomorrow," I pouted. I leaned into his grip, poking my bottom lip out.
The boy shrugged. "You cant, really," he said. "Or you shouldn't. Remember what the doctor said? No contact with water for twenty-four hours, and you have to shower for school." He chuckled a little bit. "Plus, you'll get picked on for the big bandage around your nose."
"I'm not staying out of the water," I told him. "I wanna take a shower when I get home."
Mingyu leaned his back against his car and pulled me toward him, wrapping his arms around my waist.
"Why don't you do what the doctor says?" he mumbled.
Blushing, I shrugged. "I wanna take a shower, I've been in that damn hospital bed for a whole day. And I didn't get the chance to take one the night that I passed out."
Mingyu shrugged back. "But wouldn't it be in your best interest to follow what the doctor told you?" he continued. "What if it's super serious, and you really shouldn't get in the water?"
I smirked. "Then get your hands off of me, and I won't have to take a shower. If one thing leads to another, we'll be in there together." My smirk grew, and I removed Mingyu's arms from around my waist. I walked to the passenger's side of the car, allowing myself into the vehicle.
"You're a brat, you know," Mingyu spat as he got into the driver's seat. He started the car and began to drive out of the parking lot. "It's a wonder how I decided to put up with you. Or how anyone else decided to."
"Wow, you're great at boosting people's self-esteem," I retorted. I sighed and fiddled with my hands in my lap. I was faking, but Mingyu didn't know that.
I heard him let out a sigh. "I'm sorry, I-"
"No, no," I interrupted. "Don't apologize, it's whatever. I'll get over it."
"Listen, Wonwoo, I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that. You know I was playing."
Giggling a little, I looked back over at him. "I'm kidding, Mingyu, calm down."
The said boy pursed his lips. "You're a brat," he sighed. He moved his right hand from the steering wheel to lay it on top of my thigh, stroking it gently.
"I get it, Mingyu," I told him. I rolled my eyes and slapped at his hand, which caused him to pull it away quickly. I smiled and reached up to mess with the radio, flipping through channels and channels.
One song, in particular, that was playing on a channel. A Troye Sivan song.
I smiled and looked over at Mingyu, leaning my chin onto my fist.

"Don't you
wanna see
a man
up close?
A phoenix
in the fire.
So kiss me
on the mouth
and set me
free,
But please don't bite."

(a/n: bite by troye sivan.)

The beat dropped after the last word of the chorus, and I just kind of moved to the beat. (like issa twaimz, if you know) I was laughing at myself, and I knew that Mingyu was watching me. My gaze stayed locked, looking through the windshield.
My body just rolled, and I was really feeling the beat.
I heard Mingyu laughing, and he reached over to grab my hand from where ever it was at the moment because I was dancing.
"You're cute," he mumbled. He smiled and kissed the back of my hand repeatedly.
I grimaced and snatched my hand away. "Either kiss my lips or don't kiss me at all."
"Do you think I can kiss you while I'm driving?"
"I didn't tell you to," I retorted. "I just said to kiss my lips or nothing."
The boy scoffed and shrugged. "I'll have to wait, then, I guess."
I nodded and smirked to myself, lacing our hands back together. "Do you wanna come in when we get to my house?"
Mingyu smiled and raised an eyebrow. "Won't your father be home?"
"He shouldn't be," I said, shaking my head. "It's a school day, he'll probably work late. And if he doesn't, he'll go to the bar."
"Then sure, why not?" Mingyu shrugged and squeezed my hand. "You can show me around."
I don't know what has gotten into me since I moved, but it's like everything boosted. Especially my sarcasm and my... I don't know? My remarks that are completely unneeded and awkward? Maybe it's Seungkwan that did it to me.
"I can show you around my body."
As soon as I said it, I wanted to stab myself in the face. My face flushed so red that I'm sure my temperature had risen. My face felt hot, I wanted to throw myself through the windshield.
Mingyu pulled up to a red light as the words left my mouth, looking at me. His lips parted slightly, and he cocked his head to the side a little.
I pursed my lips and cleared my throat, looking away. I pulled my hand out of his and put both of mine in my lap.