Taking Care Of Business

Chapter 26

A week passes, and we wake and bury mom then one day the following week during my winter break from school, I went with aunt Shelia for a five-hour ride back to my old hometown to meet the family lawyer to go over mom's will. "When your mom knew she was going to be leaving here and starting over in Hartville is when she revised her will. First things first the relative that your mom wanted to take care of you until the end of your high school education is your aunt, Shelia. The coffee shop upon her death has been put in Shelia's name with you Laura as a co-owner. Your mom knew that as a co-owner Laura that you would follow your heart to study medicine and to become an oncologist no matter what so this will be yours until your high school, and college education had been completed, and you are working full time in your dream job, not your mom's dream job. She wants you to follow your heart but not to forget what she's taught you about having hard working roots that take you from the bottom to the top in the totem pole. Her car she wanted that to be sold, and your current apartment needs to be sold, as well. All her other belongings and assets have been put in Laura's name to decide what to do with. And lastly Shelia your sister had a savings bond and checking account that she put in your kid's names for the special education programs that you have them in, and it's enough to get them through to their college education that is now in your hands to handle." "See Laura everything is settled there was nothing to worry about that's why we have lawyers." Aunt Shelia had said. By now both Laura and Shelia are hugging and crying.