ending the first day

Chapter 3

When I heard the click of the lock of my apartment door, I was very much relieved to think that I would soon be climbing into my comfy bed to end this extremely long first day of work and school. "Mom I'm home," I said taking my hair out of my ponytail; I run my hand through my hair, as I am walking inside the apartment, locking up the door behind me. "I'm in the kitchen honey." mom said. I walk into the kitchen to see mom at the table writing out bills. "Mom what are you doing? Go to bed." I said. "Yeah, I am I have to write out this last bill then I'm going in. How was the shop tonight?" "Busy at first, but then it died down." "How was your first day of school?" "It was a good day I have made some new friends already." "Good for you honey. I went and signed us up at the Planet Fitness on my way home today." "Oh, good thank you mom I appreciate it." I had said while I was yawning. "You better go get your studies done so you can get to bed by midnight so you can be bright eyed and bushy tailed in the morning." "Yeah I'll probably get up early and hit the gym, what time do they open?" "Five." "Ok well, goodnight mom I love you," I said giving my mom a hug and a kiss. "Sweet dreams honey." All I want to do right now is get comfortable and call it a day my body is achy after this long day I had. First thing, however, is first, I have a bunch of homework to do for tomorrow, so I stumble my way through my room to my desk stepping over boxes I have not had time to unpack yet. Hopefully, I won't kill myself walking around in this chaotic mess; once I am done with my studies for the night, it is finally time to close my eyes.