Try It Again, Deku

I put a ton of work into this chapter, so I hope you appreciate the effort. I wrote this all in one day and it's over 2000 words.

Today, Izuku woke up extra early. He had gotten a text late last night from Torako.

No clue how she got his number, but he thought it best not to think too hard on that.

You best rise and shine tomorrow, I've got a job for you!

So, not wanting to disappoint he did as such. He ate breakfast and left a note for his mother.

He had planned to walk to the warehouse; and yet, as he left his home, a familiar face stood at the bottom of the stairs to their apartment.

"Good morning broccoli child!~"

H-how did she find my address???

"G-good morning... Torako san..." Izuku felt her fist get rubbed in his hair.

"What did I tell ya about the san? Just called me Torako! Or Tora, or auntie Tora, just not Torako san or my last name. Your apart of the fam now, none of that honorific bullshit!"

Torako laughed it off, dragging me the rest of the way down. At the bottom of the stairs is a motorcycle and two helmets.

Torako throws me a helmet, putting on her own. She stands there. I wait for her to get on but she just stares at me.

"Well, come on what the fuck are you waiting for? Get on, give it a go!"

I stand shocked. "Wait, I don't know how to ride a motorcycle! I've never even sat on one before!" My worry is evident, and with good reason.

She smiled at me, waving her hand. She takes the helmet off again, setting it down. "Don't worry! I'll walk you through it before we head off. Get on, and don't press anything unless you're feeling brave. Speaking of which, we need to work on your confidence kid. But that's for another day."

I sit down on the bike, and she places my hands on the handle bars.

"Okay," she starts off, "this is how you control speed, and this one is the brakes. Now, if you look down here-"

I cut her off. "Wait! I don't have a drivers license!" She giggles at me, seemingly amused by my faint worry.

"You know how many kids say fuck it to that rule? As long as you don't get pulled over we shouldn't have a problem."

I look at her through my curls. "But that's illegal..."

"Yeah kid, so is running or being apart of a vigilante organization. But look where we are! You're gonna have to bend some rules, and if you want to get around the city when we do missions you need to know how to drive a motor bike. It's small, fast, and easy to escape in. It's convenient and easy to store. You can also modify them."

I think about it for a minute, before looking straight ahead. I twist my hand, and it revs. Then, it shoots forward without warning.

"AHH!" I get thrown off, and my head throbs. I hear Torako laugh and I hang my head in embarrassment.

"Haha! Oh, so you were feeling brave? Good kid, good kid... come on. This time, take it slow."

I feel like this is gonna take awhile...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was nearly an hour later when I finally got the hang of it. I have a lot more bruises now than when I woke up... one time the motorcycle fell over and squished me. It's a lot harder than it looks, and my legs are short so they barely touch the ground.