Different

I told yo that this plot will shift from the original. And damn, does this chapter show that.

Izuku

Terimoto san and the rest of his... gang? Crew? Group? Group, I think. The rest of his group sat me down to go over some ground rules. That's what he called them, at least.

"Ok, Midoriya. First of all, while you're apart of the VCU ERJ, everyone goes by their actual name. Not their surname. So call my sister Torako, not Terimoto. Same with me. Call me Motashiro. No more of that Terimoto san bullshit. Makes me feel old.

"When you feel more comfortable, just call me Mota, or MoMo. I'm more used to it. Call him Alliko," Alliko- whom used to be Minotae san- waved lazily.

"And you can call 'Tomoruko san', as you adressed her, Kisha. We're all used to first names around here." Terimo- ahem, I mean Motashiro san seemed a lot more relaxed now.

He didn't seem quite as stoic. Sometimes when I looked up, he would be looking at the other three. He had this look... it was kinda soft, but had a stoic shield over it. But when I looked past that, well... I couldn't. His shield was impenetrable.

Well, anyway, I don't wanna be rude, huh? "Well, than just call me Izuku. It's nice to meet you all. Again, hehe!"

Teri- oops, Torako, gonna have to get used to that, squealed. "Ohmygodhe'ssofrikinsmolIjustwanttosqueezethelifeoutofhimomghe'ssoadorableandinnocen- OW!"

Alliko has thwacked her on the head with what looked like a gaming remote. Wait, why is that here? "Shut up! Your screeching is glass breaking! Come on, if the pip squeak is gonna be apart of the VCU, we need to know more about him." He looked to me, and I straightened my back in nervous tension.

"You may not really trust us just yet, but we need a record of you being here. Which means we need to ask some questions. Meanwhile, Torako can ask some of her own questions for whatever purpose." I nod once he's finished, confirming that I will follow along best I can. I'm not quite sure how many questions I'll be comfortable answering, but I'll try...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok. These questions aren't quite as prying as I expected.

"So, what do you like to eat?" What even are these questions? Do I have pets? Any nicknames? What?

"Uhh, well I like mochi, strawberries, wagashi... uhm, oh! I really like taiyaki!" Oops, I kinda rambled...

Alliko gave me a deadpanned look. "I meant as in food. Not sweets. Well, I guess strawberries works. What's with all the sweets anyway?"

Torako ran over and hugged my head of fluffy hair, making baby faces. "Oh come on! It's cause he's such a sweet little baby! That can kickass! That's why he's so sweet! He eats so many sweets, it's rubbed off on his personality! But seriously, how do you still have your teeth? I have like, 14 million cavities after eating a piece of cake."

"That's because you don't brush well, idiot. Yo- Ow!" Torako flicked him.

"Oh shush! I brush plenty well! Anyway, my turn to ask something! So, Izuku, where do you want to go for high school?" I froze.

My lips pulled in, forming a thin line. Though with hesitation, I spoke.

"Uhm... it's really stupid, and kinda ironic... probably hopeless... but I've always wanted to go to UA, ever since I was little..." silence followed, which spiked a jolt of nerves up my back. They're gonna laugh...

"That's perfect!" Once again, these people surprise me. I look up at Kisha, who immediately shys away. It was obvious that she didn't mean to shout. And so, I looked away to- hopefully- make her more comfortable.

"Yeah! Kisha's right! She's actually planning on going to UA, ya know, to give us an inside view. I know it's like, ultra ironic, but whatever. It works! So, any friends? Bff's, girlfriends? Boyfriends?"

I think for a bit. "Uhm, I have a... f-friend I call Kacchan... not really sure if you can call him a friend though, he's bullied me for a very long time. I don't really have friends since I'm quirkless. People says it's a disability..." I look down shyly.

I suddenly felt the life get squeezed out of me. "No way broccoli baby! Don't worry, auntie Torako will go shank a bitch a for you!" I tried to hold in a laugh, but giggled and sputtered a bit at her statement. But then I got a little panicked.

"Oh! No you shouldn't hurt anyone, it's normal!" This seemed to anger her more... But then I heard a sigh.

"Don't hurt anyone Tora... you'll get arrested again."

"Whatever!" I like it here... they act like a family... I guess this won't be too bad.

Sorry guys! Hit send this chapter before the part I wanted to get to because it's getting a bit long and. I like to keep my chapters between the 700-1000 word range on this book. Currently I'm at 840. Hope you enjoyed!