c33

Chapter 33: A Letter

I rolled over and frowned as I patted the empty space on the bed

I rolled over and frowned as I patted the empty space on the bed. I sat up, scanning the room for Sage, but not even her luggage was in sight.

.....

She couldn't...she wouldn't...she didn't....she....she left.

I angrily stood up and dragged my pants on.

I frowned at the white paper that lay beneath my gun.

I picked the paper and gun up and began to read the words Sage wrote.

Dear love,

I don't know where to begin. I guess I should first apologize for leaving without a proper goodbye. I know you're angry at me, but I had to. I couldn't have you following me or trying to persuade me to stay. Next, I apologize for lying to you. I won't be coming back. I also lied about leaving my contact info and new whereabouts with Kendall. No one knows where I am, and it's best for things to stay like that. The next thing I apologize for will require you to look under the bed. Seriously, look under the bed.

I was already enraged, but I knew whatever was under the bed would make me even more upset.

Still, I stooped to the floor and looked under the bed.

I slid the painting from under the bed and frowned.

Why would I be upset about a painting?

But as I observed the painting more, I began to understand.

My memory of this day was as clear as water.

It was the day I had showed her my favorite spot. The painting of the sunset was the exact same as how o remembered the sunset to look that day.

She had finished the painting as he started in my house the day she encouraged me to continue painting.

But it wasn't the fact that she completed the painting that got me pissed. It was the fact that the only way for her to finish the painting was if she got her memories back.

For months upon months, she never once mentioned remembering any thing about neither Kendall, Nathan, nor me.

I forced myself to continue reading the letter.

I'm sorry. I got them back the day Draco shot Sky, Junior, and me. It was when the nurses tried to save my life that all of my memories came back. I should've told you, but I didn't. I couldn't have you thinking about me pushing you away even though I remembered everything. I knew that information would hurt you even more. I can't begin to imagine how angry you are. I hope you'll forgive me someday. It wasn't my intention to hurt you, Nick. I'm sorry. Maybe one day, we'll see each other again, but until then, goodbye, love.