c7

Chapter 7: Ice cream

"So what does this mean in regards to the mafia?" Sage questioned

We had went to the movie theater, but now that the movie was done, we were walking through the nearby park.

"I'm not sure," I answered. "I've been planning for a while now to quit."

"Can you actually?" Sage frowned.

"The normal way people leave the mafia is through death," I shook my head.

"So how are you supposed to quit?" Sage asked.

"That's why I haven't," I shrugged. "It's not like it's a job I could just quit, even though I wish it was. It has it's joys, yes, but thinking about the future I wanna have...it's not gonna work out- the mafia thing."

"That's a difficult situation, especially because you're their leader," Sage pointed out.

"Yup, and I'm not gonna run away 'cause running is for pussies," I agreed.

Sage chuckled at my response.

"I wish I never got into this- the mafia, not the job," I sighed. "Maybe I can do both, but give more attention to the job so that the mafia appoints a new leader. Yet again, I don't take orders from no one. Well...uh...you're somewhat exceptional."

I knew damn well if she told me to max out all my credit cards and give her my black card, I'd do it without hesitation. If she told me to jump of a bridge, I'd ask which one. I was a sucker for this girl.

"Oulala, check me out," she joked, causing me to laugh at her silliness. "On a serious note, if you can't quit, fake your death or something. If you do, you'd have to give up the job and move far away, though."