c17

Chapter 17: News

Chapter 17: News

Nick's POV

Sage and I were at the OBGYN getting a check up on the baby.

"Everything looks well," Dr. Fields smiled.

"And when do we find out it's gender?" I asked.

"Well, it's only been a month," Sage laughed.

"A lot of parents get that excited," Dr. Fields chuckled. "We'll tell you once the pregnancy is 5-6 months."

I nodded in response.

"Your due date is January 14-16. Our next appointment will be June 4th. Have a pleasant day, you two," Dr. Fields smiled before dismissing us.

"So when do we tell people about the baby?" Sage asked me once we were in my car.

I didn't want people knowing about the baby as yet, especially because Titan still hadn't tried anything as yet.

"Who do you wanna tell?" I asked.

"My friends, duh," she answered.

"I don't know your friends that well," I pointed out. "I can't trust them with such information."

"Right, this is top secret information, Agent Carter," Sage teased.

"Very funny," I sarcastically replied with a smile on my face. "I just don't trust a bunch of people knowing until I figure out what's up with Titan. I still don't know if he's planning to attack my people, and I don't want him harming you nor the baby."

"So what happens when my stomach starts to print?" Sage questioned.

"You stay at home," I answered before driving off.

"Excuse me? Not happening," Sage frowned.

"Yes, it is," I argued.

"So what if Titan doesn't attack, but our baby is born? Are you gonna tell me I can't take our child out because Titan hasn't attacked?" Sage argued.

I sat in silence as I reasoned what she said.

"Fine, you can tell your friends, but no one else," I gave in.

"Thanks," she smiled before kissing my cheek. "Also, I would like for you to finally meet them."

"Do I look like the type of person who sits down with a bunch of girls for a meet and greet?" I asked playfully.

"Ugh, hush," she playfully rolled her eyes. "I was thinking everyone could meet up at my place tomorrow at 8 for a little dinner. We'll tell them there."

"Sure," I agreed.

"Nathan will be there as well and....um...Junior," she informed.

Junior and I were still not talking.

"This can give you both a chance to make up," she added.

"Or a reason for him to hate me even more," I pointed out.

"Well, hate is....a strong word," Sage said.

"We both know he's still upset," I noted.

"He'll get over it," Sage claimed.

"I guess we'll see tomorrow night," I sighed.
______________________________________
Everyone was seated at the table in the living room, each person having side conversation.

Sage slightly hit her glass with a spoon to divert everyone's attention to her.

"Hey, everyone. Welcome to my little dinner," Sage said, causing everyone to chuckle. "You're all here because Nick and I have something important to tell y'all."

"You're getting married?!" Amanda, Sage's friend, squeled.

"Not yet," I mumbled.

"No, we have something else to say," Sage said.

"Lemme guess, you're pregnant," Kendall teased.

Little did she know, she was actually correct.

"Actually, yeah," I answered, earning gasps from everyone in the room.

"No way," Kendall said in surprise.

"Way," Sage nodded. "I'm a month pregnant."

Everyone, surprisingly Junior as well, began clapping and congratulating us.

"Nick, can we talk outside?" Junior asked.

I nodded and excused myself from the dinner. We went to the porch and sat on the couch.

"Well, first off, congratulations," Junior smiled.

"Thanks," I smiled back.

"I know I've been upset with you over the incident, but I'm actually glad that you and Sage are having a baby. I low-key always wanted to be an uncle," Junior admitted. "I'm sorry for taking my anger out on you. Sage and I talked about the incident and my behavior. She explained everything to me, and I wanna thank you for putting my sister before yourself."

"It's aight," I nodded, "and no problem."

"Nathan filled me in on all the meetings I missed," he added. "Titan has been trynna talk with me. I think he's definetly plotting against you."

"He said anything to you?" I asked.

"Only that he wanna talk to me when I have the time," he answered. "I kept holding off, telling him I was busy working."

"You should meet up with him and hear what he gotta say," I encouraged.

"Aight," Junior nodded. "I heard what you mumbled in the house. Are you really planning to marry Sage?"

"Yeah, but not now," I answered. "I wanna wait for the perfect time to propose."

"Nice," Junior nodded. "I know you'll take care of her."

The door opened and Nathan came out the house.

"Y'all left me in there with a bunch of girls. Not cool," Nathan complained, causing us all to chuckle. "Y'all cool now?"

"Yeahhh," Junior and I replied.

We dapped each other up before going inside.

Junior went to his seat and kissed the cheek of the girl he sat next to. I think her name was Sky.

Nathan and I raised our eyebrows in shocked, and Junior only smirked and winked at us.

Not only did the brat have a job, but a girl as well. He was definetly getting his life together.

"As of last week, Sky and I have been officially dating," Junior announced to everyone.

"Anyone else have any secrets to tell?" Sage chuckled.

"Not a secret, but I'm planning to have an art gallery soon. You all are invited," I announced.

"Aww, you're doing what I suggested," Sage smiled.

I nodded and pulled her in for a kiss before digging into my food once more. Sage was really good at cooking.