c27

Chapter 27: Hugs

Chapter 27: Hugs

I didn't know if she'd give him the same instructions as me, so I sat quietly, waiting for him to start

I felt his hands grip my thighs, and before I knew it, I was hoisted onto his waist. Like normal, I wrapped my legs and arms around him for support.

His hands crossed my back, and I waited for his next move, but none came.

He just held me tightly.

I felt loved and protected, something I hadn't felt in a month.

Sure Kendall and Nathan, along with other close friends, were there to support me. Still, it just wasn't the same as how Nick would hold me. The world could've been ending, and he'd hug me, and I'd feel like I'm in the safest place ever.

He sniffled as our hug continued, and I found myself sniffling as well.

This month had felt so lonely, despite the amount of people that sympathized with me.

But there was only one person that could share that empathy with me, and that person was Nick.

We had lost our entire family. Yeah, we had friends, but they couldn't compare to parents and a brother.

And instead of strengthening each other, we spent the time apart.

It sucked that life couldn't have been better for us. It sucked that we couldn't even go back in time to do things differently. It sucked that we were here- relationship therapy.

"And that concludes today's session," the therapist announced.

Nick placed me down, and I quickly took the blindfold off and wiped my tears.

I grabbed my purse and stormed out of the office, but Nick came after.me this time.

He held my wrist and spun me into his chest. I fisted his shirt as I accepted his hug.

He held me firmly in his arms, and I wrapped mine around him just as tightly.

"Please, don't let go," I cried on his chest.