c8

Chapter 8: Not Ready

"I had a great day," I smiled

"I had a great day," I smiled. "Thank you. I needed it."

"You're welcome," Nick smiled.

We had spent the evening talking deeply yet happily about our past and desired future. We both freely opened up about ourselves, and I was so ecstatic that I got to share that moment with Nick. We had bonded on a level I never got to with anyone, and I felt as if I had known him my whole life.

"I had a great day too," he added, "but I'm even happier that you enjoyed it just as much."

I smiled and opened my house door. I jumped in shock at the sight of a man sitting down on the living room chair in the dark.

I flicked on the lights and sighed when I noticed it was only Junior, who held a worried yet angry face expression.

"Didn't you here me calling your phone?" Junior began to argue.

"No," I shook my head.

I took my phone out my pocket and noticed the 20 missed calls from my brother.

"I was here worrying if you were okay, while you were busy skinning your teeth with Carter?! I called your job and drove around town looking for you! All this time, you were out on a date?! That's real nice," Junior angrily replied.

"My phone was on silent. Sorry," I sighed, not wanting to argue in front of Nick.

I hated the fact that Junior treated me like a child. He was always yelling at and lecturing me. Ever since my parents died, it was as if he thought it was mandatory for him to take up the parental role. I appreciated him looking out for me, but it was beginning to get overwhelming and embarassing.

"Man, whatever," he sighed before standing up. "Next time, give me a heads up or something."

As he walked away, I turned to face Nickolas.

"I'm sorry you had to witness that," I sighed.

"Don't be," he soothed. "I know how it is with older siblings."

I smiled slightly and rested my head on the wall connected to the door.

"Don't stress it," he chuckled.

As a smile formed on my face, I promised, "I won't." I added, "I had a really great time."

"You said that already," Nick laughed, and I laughed along with him.

"I know," I laughed, "I just really did. I need more days like the one we shared today."

"I'm down with that," he smiled.

There he went with that damn smile again. He had regular, genuine smiles, like the ones he had been showing all day. He also had this one signature smile that he barely used. That was the smile that held the most emotions, whether he was using it to show joy, love, care, or just to be naughty.

And that was the smile that did the most to me. It was the smile that had an immediate reaction from me. It was the smile that made me want to grab him, hold him in my arms, and fall deeply for him.

A blush danced on my cheeks as I continued to stare at the beauty in front of me.

"Has anyone ever told you how beautiful you are?" I asked him, and he erupted in laughter.

"Did we switch roles for a minute?" Nick laughed.

I laughed along with him while asking, "I can't compliment you?"

He continued to laugh, his deep, silvery voice doing unimaginable things to me.

"It just sounds like you're hitting on me," he chuckled. "It's a classic move."

He burst out laughing again, and I couldn't fight the huge grin on my face as I watched him in full-scale amusement.

I shook my head and replied, "You really look like a perfectly carved statue, that's all."

His laughter began to sizzle down, and he shook his head in disbelief at the words that started this whole laughing scene.

When he was done laughing, I playfully added "And so what if I was hitting on you? It's not a crime."

"It's cute," he teased.

"Cute?" I appalled, pretending to be hurt by his choice of words.

"Yeah, cute," he smiled.

And then came that smile again, but I could tell it would lead to him saying something naughty.

"But I know a way we could make it sexy," he teased.

"Oh, yeah?" I played along. "How so?"

"You could say that while taking my clothes off in that fancy office of mine," he smirked. "Then you'd straddle me and bite your lips when you feel me underneath you."

My mind began to involuntarily paint pictures of what he was describing, and I could feel a slight ache between my legs.

"And I'd trail kisses on your neck before biting softly on your skin. And," he said while walking closer to me in order to close the space between us, "we'd be about this close to each other. I'd sink my nails into your waist, and you'd wrap your hands around my neck before connecting your lips with mine. What would come next, I can't picture. I never know what to expect from you when it comes to that. You're quite adventurous and demanding, and it always leaves me amazed."

I bit into my lip as I tried convincing my body to cut out its lusty desires.

"A little bothered, I see," Nick continued to tease before biting into his own lips.

Just when I was thinking he couldn't look any more appealing, he had to prove me wrong!

"You not ready for that, though," he joked.

"And what if I am?" I flirted while running my hands along his chest.

I could feel his well defined packs, and that turned me on even more.

He nuzzled his nose in my neck, and my breath hitched in my throat.

"You're not ready," he reinforced before placing a gentle kiss on my cheek.

Tingles erupted through me in response.

"Be ready for work by 7:20," he said while stepping away from me.

I was frustrated that he teased me like that, but I didn't want my frustration to show.

"Okay," I nodded and tried to force a smile.

He chuckled and apologized, "Sorry for the frustration, love."

"You enjoy it," I shook my head.

"Nah, cause now I gotta race home to take care of my business down there," he disagreed. As soon as I was about to look, he warned, "I swear, if you even think to look down there you're not gonna be able to walk tomorrow."

My eyes widened in shock, and I nodded quickly in obedience.

"Goodnight, beautiful," he chuckled.

"Goodnight, handsome," I smiled before entering my house and closing the door.