41 | the confession: pt. two

"HEY, why'd Taehyung run out of here crying? Did you guys watch Finding Nemo again?" Jungkook asked, pointing a thumb over his shoulder as he walked into the dorm, the red lanyard that held his keys hanging out of his hand and slamming against his ankle with ever step he took.

Jimin blinked and sighed, running a hand through his hair. He collapsed onto his bed and hugged a pillow, "We had a bit of a— f-falling out? I g-guess."

"Oh my god, what happened?"

"H-He likes me."

"He finally told you?"

Jimin froze and sat up, "Y-You knew?"

"Uh, yeah. He's like, hella obvious. We had a conversation about it at the diner. I wanted to hook you up with him cause you guys already act like an old married couple but he declined and said you already liked someone," Jungkook shrugged, "He said he was fine as long as you were happy."

"Oh god," Jimin muttered, falling back again, covering his eyes and groaning. He felt tears prickling against his eyes, "I don't d-deserve him."

"I think you should totally date him. You'd be a cute couple."

"Not h-happening."

"You could at least try."

"He kn-know's who I like. It'd be pointless. I-It wouldn't be real."

"Fair enough."

"I just, I f-feel bad. H-He's such a good person and I can't even make h-him happy cause I l-like someone else and it's all just a m-mess," Jimin practically sobbed.

Jungkook frowned and walked over to him, sitting down next to him. He took off the beanie that he was wearing, tossing it onto his bed before laying back. He sighed and lifted Jimin's head up enough to slip his arm under. He curled it around his shoulders and pulled the elder close, gently pushing the boy's face into his neck, "C'mere."

Jimin began crying a bit and curled into Jungkook's side, feeling even worse because of his stupid heart that started speeding up and skipping beats at the slightest touch from Jungkook.

Jungkook ran his hand through Jimin's hair, "Park Jimin, you are a beautiful person, inside and out. You're sweet, caring, and loyal. You're the best friend anybody could ever ask for and whoever you allow into your life are some of the luckiest people in the entire world. I couldn't have asked for a better roommate and friend. Taehyung has every good reason to be crushing on someone as amazing as you. Hell, I'd like you too. You're fucking gorgeous and have the best personality I've had the pleasure of being around in my whole entire life."

During Jungkook's speech, Jimin had come out of hiding. He slowly looked up, meeting Jungkook's eyes as he stared down at him. The younger's chocolate brown eyes were filled with so much adoration and love Jimin knew that if he was standing his knees would've gone weak. The younger was smiling at him like Jimin held the fucking sun. His fingers were playing gently with his hair, scratching slightly against his scalp and trailing down to the nape of his neck to play with the baby hair. His other hand ran up and down Jimin's arm, goosebumps raising on his skin with every pass of Jungkook's hand.

Jimin's head felt fuzzy, his vision blurred due to the tears that collected on his lashes. He felt his heart jump into hyper speed, a bright pink blush spreading over his cheeks, across his nose, and stopping on the tips of his ears. His mind was all over the place, mouth to brain filter nonexistent.

"I love you, Jungkook."