40 | the confession: pt. one

THREE weeks had passed before Jimin finally snapped under all the pressure. Jungkook had disappeared for a couple of days, claiming something about a major frat party that was happening out by the campus lake. Jimin wrapped up his dance class and had lunch with Hoseok before returning to his dorm.

He wasn't surprised to find Taehyung in his kitchen, pack of Chips Ahoy in his hand and a blue Gatorade bottle in the other. His hair was brushed down, parted down the middle so it'd stay out of his eyes. He had on a long white medical jacket over black scrubs and a matching black stethoscope hanging from around his neck.

"You s-seriously have t-to go to class wearing th-that?" Jimin asked as he hung up his coat.

Taehyung lifted his head up with half a cookie in his mouth and chocolate brown eyes wide. He shook his head and bit down on the cookie, breaking off half of it. His arm covered his mouth as he spoke, "No. We had clinicals today, so we had to go to an actual medical center and practice and shit. They want you looking professional."

"O-Oh, nice."

Taehyung hummed and put down his stuff. He made his way over to Jimin and raised a hand, gently pushing a strand of hair out of the way, "You need a haircut."

The words from Taehyung's journal rang through Jimin's head. It happened suddenly. Jimin reacted purely on instinct. He frowned and pulled away from Taehyung's hand, watching as it lingered in the air for a moment before falling back to his side. Taehyung's eyes flashed with hurt and confusion.

"What's wrong?" Taehyung asked carefully, "Did I do something?"

"Y-No. N-no, you didn't, n-not on purpose a-anyway—"

"The hell are you going on about?" Taehyung reached back up with two hands, tilting Jimin's head every which way, "Did you hurt your head again? This isn't related to the hand twitch thing is it?"

"What? No. It h-has nothing to d-do with that."

"Your head doesn't seem like it hurts," Taehyung frowned.

Jimin rolled his eyes and shoved Taehyung's hands off him, "It isn't m-my damn h-head."

"What's up then? Is it the hand? I told you that you should go see a doc-"

"I k-know that y-you like me, okay!"

"Oh shit."

"Yeah."

Taehyung blinked rapidly, "I mean, I know I wasn't that great at hiding it but I didn't except you to actually find out."

"Wait, w-what?"

"What?"

"That's it?" Jimin asked, disbelief written on his face and laced in his tone.

"Fuck you're right!" Taehyung's hands flew to his hair and he tugged, "I think it's the shock. This is weird. How'd you find out? This doesn't make shit weird does it? I hope it doesn't. I know you like Jungkook but I couldn't help myself and I'm really sorry—"

"I read i-it on your l-laptop."

"Oh cool."

They went silent for a moment before Taehyung frowned, "Wait when did you go on my laptop?"

"Uh," Jimin trailed.

"It doesn't matter. You know I like you. This is weird."

"You're m-making it weird b-by how chill you are."

"I feel like I'm in space."

"Is that g-good?"

"I don't think so."

"Oh."

"So like, how l-long have you liked m-me?"

"What the fuck is that question?" Taehyung threw his hands in the air out of frustration, "What the fuck is going on?"

"I don't r-really know how to a-answer th-that."

"It made things weird! Fuck, I knew it would make things weird."

"It's only a little w-weird."

"I feel like walking into a hospital and taking a scalpel to the chest."

Jimin blinked, "What?"

"What the hell was I thinking? Why'd I write this shit down? Couldn't I just be a normal person and keep it all bottled up so you and Jungkook could get married?"

"Am I even i-included in this conversation an-anymore?"

Jimin waved a hand rapidly in front of Taehyung's face, which seemed to snap him out of it. He looked down at Jimin and frowned before the tears set in, "Fuck, I'm so sorry! I swear I didn't mean for you to find out. I'm just gonna go and do something. I need to think. The shock has cleared and it's affecting me hella hard right now."

"I'm not m-mad, Tae."

"I just- I need to go, okay? It's just too much."

"Taehyung—"

The door slammed as Taehyung's figure disappeared. Jimin sighed and fell back onto his bed.

"Fuck."

That definitely could've gone better.

—🌸
also i have a new book called snaps so you should read it. it's vkook and it's filled with memes and it's my new baby so