"Bye!" You yelled as the door opened. It closed right after, and you were alone again. "What a day."

You figured that you were probably going to get a lot of texts about this later, so you decided to power nap until Michael got home just in case your sleeping was interrupted. You curled back up on the couch, and fell asleep surprisingly well.

You weren't sure how much later it was, but you woke up to someone kissing your face. "Mmmm hi baby," you smiled as he kissed the corner of your mouth, "How was work?"

You peeled open your eyes, not expecting to see tears running down your boyfriend's face. Immediately, you sat up and frowned. "What's going on? Are you okay? Did something happen?"

He sighed and wiped at his face, "I guess this is just so unexpected, I'm not even sure what to say."

"What's unexpected?" You brushed his hands away and wiped his tears away yourself. He was on his knees, so you pulled him forward to settle between your legs, his hands on either side of your hips, resting on the couch.

"The baby," he smiled softly and leaned in for a kiss. You returned it, but not without being a little confused. You guessed that Y/BFF/N and Ashton had made an early and informal announcement then.

"Yeah," you pulled back and wrapped your arms around his neck, "I'm excited too, it's going to be so great."

Michael's smile widened and he took a second to just look at you, taking you in as you sat in front of him. His eyes seemed to keep falling back to your abdomen. Maybe he liked your Star Wars shirt? You weren't really sure why, but you didn't mind as he'd seen it all before. "What are you doing?" You finally asked.

"Just lookin at you," he leaned in like he was going to tell you a secret, "and the baby."

Your eyes widened as he pushed himself even more forward to press kisses onto your neck and collarbone. It felt nice but you were pretty confused. "What? What baby? I'm not pregnant."

Michael was clearly confused now because he leaned back and furrowed his brows, "what do you mean? Isn't this your test?" He pulled a pregnancy test out of his back pocket.

"Damnit Y/BFF/N," you groaned as you swiped it.

Poor Michael only looked more confused by your response.

"Okay, but you can't tell anyone what I'm about to tell you until Ashton and Y/BFF/N do," you said very seriously.

"Okay," Michael immediately agreed, although you figured it was pretty obvious now.

"Before you came home, she came here with like a hundred pregnancy tests because she's Y/BFF/N and I guess was in disbelief. She told me she was pregnant and excited to tell Ashton, and then he called her like while she was telling me this and she rushed out and we must have forgotten this one," you shrugged and put it down, "so I'm not pregnant. Well, at least I don't know if I am."

You weren't sure if Michael looked relieved or disappointed, maybe a little bit of both. "Hey," your hand brushed against his cheek, "are you okay?"

He leaned into your touch, "it was weird," he sighed, "I saw it before I woke you up, and I was like so ready, y'know? I could just imagine us moving out of here into a cute little house with a yard and a fenced in area for the dogs. I could see us making a nursery and painting the walls baby blue or pink. I could see having to go to the store at 2 A.M. because you had some weird craving and needed pickles immediately. Mostly though, I could see you, and how beautiful you'd look, and how excited we'd be, and how great of a mom you'd be. I could see our baby. I could see our life." He admitted quietly, looking up at you to gauge your reaction.

Your other hand moved so that now you were cupping his face, your fingers brushing over his lips and cheeks and eyebrows, imagining how they'd look with yours, how they'd look on someone so small, so new.

"It's funny that you said that," you finally spoke, "because I had a short little dream when I was napping."

"What happened?" Michael asked. His eyes were shut, he was clearly enjoying the feeling of you touching his face.

"I had a dream that I was Y/BFF/N, and that I had taken a bunch of tests and then rushed over to her house to tell her. I imagined that you called me saying you were home, so I left as fast as I could and I rushed back and I told you. In my dream we were both really excited, and you kissed my lips, and you kissed my stomach, and you told me you loved me and our baby and you were so happy. I wasn't even scared or upset or anything, it wasn't like real life. It was pure, unfiltered, excitement and love. It was so nice." You smiled and leaned down to kiss Michael's cute little nose.

"I guess we're on the same page then," Michael opened one eye and looked up at you mischievously.

"Oh no we aren't," you narrowed your eyes back, "we aren't married! We haven't discussed this in detail, we don't have a house or a plan for this. What if you go on tour?"

"Those things can all be taken care of in like a week. We'll have a gorgeous, intimate ceremony in your parents' huge backyard. You can wear that white dress you got for Y/O/F/N's cancelled wedding, you know how much I love it. I always have a nice suit laying around. We'll get a nice cake and hang some fairy lights in the trees for the mood. You can walk down the aisle to the Star Wars opening theme song-"

"Whoa whoa," you interrupted his little fantasy, "what? Why would I walk down the aisle to that?" Okay maybe you had been pretty invested in this story, and maybe you had a mild interest in seeing if it would work out, but he lost you there.

"Because it's like the start to our adventure. I can see it in the yellow, opening text, 'Y/N and Michael have been dating for years and now they're finally ready to take the next step, with their lightning fast engagement and quickly planned wedding. Nobody knows that lies next for them, but they all know they have each other, because Michael loves Y/N and Y/N loves Michael. Wish they luck as they begin the next chapter of their adventure together'," he was actually pretty good at making an announcer voice as he pretended to read off of a screen. You decided you'd go along with it (for now).

"Okay, what's next?" You moved on from the song.

"Well obviously everyone will be crying as you walk down the aisle. Luke can be the flower girl. You'll get up to the front and the officiator dressed up like Darth Vader will run through the questions and the vows and we'll both say 'I do'," he stuck his arm under the couch without you really noticing because you weren't sure you wanted Darth Vader to officiate, he seemed like a bad omen for marriage. "Then I'll stick this baby on your finger." You looked down in shock. Michael had a ring case, and inside was a beautiful, sparkling engagement ring. It wasn't so big to be tacky, but the diamonds were gorgeous and cut just the way you always imagined.

"It's beautiful," you could feel yourself get ready to cry again, "I love it."

Michael pulled it out of the box, "Y/N, Y/M/N Y/L/N, will you marry me?"

You held out your left hand and nodded, "yes! I absolutely will!"

Michael slid it on and you pushed yourself off of the couch so you could hug him. He nearly fell over with the amount of momentum you were carrying, but held you close anyway.

"So?" He mumbled in your ear, "What do you think of the rest of our plans? Do you think we can make your dreams come true?"

You just smiled and shook your head, "oh Michael, you already have."

OKAY THAT WAS CUTE AND I'M NOT EVEN SINGLE BUT WOW THIS MAKES ME FEEL SINGLE

thanks for reading commenting and voting!

^if you liked it pls vote I'll love you forever.

I actually have another really cute Michael BGM in the works lololol

Michael Clifford Shortsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें