BFM - Paler Than Usual

A HALLOWEEN IMAGINE FOR Y'ALL

It's a best friend moment - like he's your BFF

Also a Luke BGM

🕸Michael🕸
Smokey white fingers spiral down from the ceiling. They caress the tops of heads and brush past shoulders as they float down to the floor and flatten into a thick sheet of fog. You watched as the waves of rolling mist thrashed to and fro as dancing feet and moving bodies churned it around. They crashed against your calves, before being pulled back into their rolling current. Under the brightly colored party lights, the fog took new colors, greens, purples, oranges. And the loud music almost seemed to turn its movement into a violet dance. You watched with interest, and swayed along with the movement of the fog on the floor.

"What are you doing?" A deep voice ringing with amusement rang from behind you.

You hadn't realized anyone was paying attention to you at all, and now flushed with the knowledge that you had been watched. Looking up, you were met with the face of a vampire. Or more accurately, a man dressed like a vampire. His blonde hair was slicked back, and face painted white. Fake blood trickled down from his lips, where you could just see white fangs poking through. "I was uh, just thinking." You kicked your foot around, further churning the fog up and around you.

"You don't think at parties," he grinned over you, and you got the full effect of his costume as he straightened out, "that ruins the fun!"

He was adamant, and probably right, but you probably wouldn't be having fun anyway, you weren't really a party person.

"Yeah, but I don't really like parties anyway," you answered after a beat, "my friend dressed me up and dragged me here, and now she's off dancing with a giggling zombie somewhere and I'm just hanging out."

"Well," the vampire said thoughtfully, "I didn't really like parties either, until I found someone to party with. They're not fun on your own. And since I'm pretty sure your friend is dancing with mine, I say that you and I show them how it's done."

Well you were pretty introverted, but he seemed nice and he was right again that you didn't want to be alone.

"Okay," you giggled and accepted his outstretched hand.

"I'm Luke by the way, and I like your costume," he complimented you.

You looked down at yourself, admiring the costume your friend had put together. You were a ghost, wearing a long white loose gown with your hair down and flowing around you. Your face had been made paler and Y/F/N had succeeded in essentially making you look dead with big eyes framed by dark bags, carving out your cheekbones and nose like it was all sunken in. "Thank you," you grinned, "you look pretty scary yourself."

Before you got very far toward the dance floor, a loud werewolf jumped in front of you to block your path, "LUUUUKE! YOU LOOK EVEN PALER THAN USUAL!"

Luke rolled his eyes, "and you finally have hair Michael."

You had to stifle a laugh as the guy in front of you who did look like he was wearing a wig full of coarse brown hair, glowered. A dark haired Prince Charming standing nearby also seemed to find their interaction amusing as he chuckled and shook his head.

"Shut up Hemmings," Michael huffed, "you too Calum."

"No need to be upset Michael," the Prince, who you assumed to be Calum, chided him, "you started it."

"Yeah! He started it," Luke looked down at you, "right Y/N?!"

It seemed like Calum and Michael noticed you for the first time as both of them turned to look at you with a degree of surprise. You still managed an answer though, "yes he did."

Michael spluttered, "she's biased!" Your eyebrows shot up.

"How can she be biased I just met her like a minute ago," Luke shot back.

"Whatever bloodsucker," the werewolf grumbled unhappily, "nobody likes you anyway."

Luke wrapped an arm around your waist and pulled you closer to him, "I think Y/N likes me," he smiled cheekily and winked at you.

You playfully pushed away, but blushed nonetheless.

"Yeah yeah," Michael turned to you, "just so you know, he's an idiot."

"Yeah, well you're a stupid idiot," Luke stuck out his tongue.

"You're both stupid idiots," Calum muttered, "go dance or something so I don't have to endure it any longer than strictly necessary."

Both Michael and Luke glared at Calum before the blonde straightened and offered you his arm, "shall we?"

"Let's," you agreed and let him lead you to the dance floor.

...

It turned out Luke was right, parties were a lot more fun when you had someone to hang out with. You ended up spending the rest of the night dancing with him, just a vampire and ghoul twirling and goofing off around all of the couples. You had so much fun that the time melted away, and you put your number in Luke's phone before waving goodbye and going home. It didn't take long for him to text you and ask you out for dinner. And as they say, the rest is history.

"Just go check on him Michael, please!" You pouted at the only man in your bridal suite, and one of your best friends Michael. Even though he was the best man, he was chilling out with you because Luke wouldn't stop trying to fix his hair and tux.

"Ughhhhhhh," he groaned and collapsed back against the chair he was lounging in, "heeeeeeee's fiiiiiine. Just being Luke, and you already apparently are into that."

"Please! It's my wedding?!" You widened your eyes and looked at him pitifully.

"Fine. Just because it's your wedding though," he peeled himself off of the chair and slinked out of the room to go see his nervous friend.

"Luuuuuuke," he whined as he walked into the room containing the groom and other groomsmen. But then he caught a glimpse of his friend's nervous face and couldn't help himself, "you look paler than usual bro."

Thanks for reading, commenting, and voting!