BGM - Kind Of?

Not an AU for once lololol

Also not what I said I was going to write but whatever

Michael:
"So?" Luke asked expectantly. You shifted your phone against your face and uncrossed your legs.

"I mean..." you trailed off as the thoughts flashing through your head were too jumbled for words. You didn't even know how to answer him.

You weren't sure how to categorize your feelings. They were strange and unfamiliar to you. What was the difference between infatuation, crushing, and genuine attraction. Did you just like the idea of Michael? Were you artificially making yourself feel this way because you wanted a boyfriend and he was available?

How did you even feel?

"I'm waiting," Luke sang and you heard him sink down onto a couch somewhere in his own house.

You knew some things, smaller momentary emotions that passed as you were with him. You could never tear your eyes away when he had his guitar balanced on his lap and he was gently strumming and humming nonsense songs while he was supposed to be working. Your heart skipped a beat when his long blonde fringe fell in front of his face and his eyebrows crinkled down as he pushed the hair back with the heel of his hand. Whenever he smiled at you you couldn't help but grin back like a fool. You knew that his clothes were warmer and softer than yours and that they smelled better because they smelled like him.

"Kind of," you vaguely decided. You couldn't write all of the things you felt off completely, but you also just weren't sure how else to describe it.

"Kind of?" Luke demanded, "you kind of like Michael Gordon Clifford? That's not an answer Y/N."

"Yes it is," you argued weakly, "he's my best friend what am I supposed to say?"

"First of all," Luke's tone was dripping with sass, "what I asked had nothing to do with the two of you being best friends. Also, you can be his best friend and still want to make out with him, I'll understand."

You paused for a second and rethought Luke's last sentence. "Is this your way of telling me you've made out with Michael?"

You heard your blonde friend choke as soon as he realized what you said, "no! That is not what I meant at all!"

"It's kinda what you said though," you shrugged, happy the pressure was off of you for a moment.

"No no no, you are not making this about me and Michael. This conversation is about you and Michael." Unfortunately Luke wasn't letting this whole "possibility liking your best friend" thing go very easily. You wished he hadn't brought it up at all.

"There's nothing more than friendship between me and Michael." You were partially lying when you said that to Luke, and he knew it.

"Y/N, I have lots of friends, none of them call me 'babe' and send me 'good morning' and 'sweet dreams' texts full of hearts, or put their arms over my shoulder when we go out to the movies or-"

You cut him off, "we're close friends."

Luke scoffed at your clarification, "Michael and I are close friends, you and Michael are more than that."

"We're not a thing Luke," you groaned and rubbed your left temple where a headache was beginning to form.

"Have you told Michael that?" He asked quietly, "because whether or not you see it or feel the same way he really cares about you Y/N and-"